Event Horizon - oldschool-ish goa trance

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Inspired by classic Astral Projection and Electric Universe tracks as well as some recent releases by Suntrip, Global Sect and such. Acidic and bubbling :borg:

https://soundcloud.com/recursion-loop/event-horizon
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Not quite my music, but... very nice job on this, as usual. :) It could be a bit more beefy for my taste, i.e. more bass. I don't know if you deliberately went for less bass to make it sound more old school though.

Thanks! :)

Actually it had been mixed before I treated my room so there might be some issues with bass balance. It was mastered by another guy (not as a paid job, he used my track to practice) and I decided the result was good enough to post, but I may revise the mix later anyway, I have a better mixing room now.

At that I don't really like too bassy goa mixes.

That tickled my brains :hyper:

My Feedback

Music - 9
Instruments - 10
Performance - 10
Mix - 10

Overall - 9.75

Comments: You don't post much here so I was really looking forward to listening to this. I knew I wouldn't be disappointed and I was right. You're really good at this stuff.

wagtunes wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 5:42 pm You don't post much here so I was really looking forward to listening to this.
He does what i plan for years now: Post less, make more music. :D

chk071 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 5:47 pm
wagtunes wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 5:42 pm You don't post much here so I was really looking forward to listening to this.
He does what i plan for years now: Post less, make more music. :D
What I meant was he doesn't post much music here. Should have been more clear.

Distorted Horizon wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 5:14 pm That tickled my brains :hyper:
Glad is was brains and not the other parts :ud:
wagtunes wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 5:42 pm You're really good at this stuff.
At least there is something I'm good at :party:

Thanks for listening, guys! Glad you liked it.

I wasn't posting much music lately (or posting at the forum), mostly because I was busy with treating the room and then with getting used to mixing in it (aside from various real-life stuff). Hope there will be more stuff to show soon(ish).

recursive one wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 5:59 pm
Distorted Horizon wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 5:14 pm That tickled my brains :hyper:
Glad is was brains and not the other parts :ud:
I was going to say something else too but then I decided to try to behave :hihi:

Some very good chords in this track in the beginning. I thought they would be repeated at around 5:37, after the voice, that was some good spot. Apparently they weren't repeated after the beginning, or in their original form. Hmm! I'm not an expert in trance, though. The mix sounded quite good in my relatively cheap headphones.

a_Scientist wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:57 pm Some very good chords in this track in the beginning. I thought they would be repeated at around 5:37, after the voice, that was some good spot.
I tried exactly this actually, but they didn't quite fit there so I kept these chords only in the intro.

Thanks for listening! :)

A* I love me a bit of psytrance

Nice textures !
Well
done !

(( D ))

Thanks, guys! :)

Great track! Don't think there's much more to say.

Return to “Music Cafe”