what is your fantasy hardware?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ow my back :o

All boomstar boxes

vurt wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 5:17 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 4:26 pm
I don't need any more synths :ud:
reported!
:lol:

My first impulse is to say a wall of eurorack. But if I had that there is no way I would or could use more than a tiny fraction at a time. It might become kind of depressing to look at. I see deadmau5 using his banks of modular and he only uses a handful at a time.

Nope, I still have heaps to learn & explore in software...and it doesn't take up space and I never have to pack it or move it or look at it if I don't want to.

Having said that, why do I keep watching youtube reviews of modules????? :dog:
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

A CS-80... and room for a CS-80 :) A Music Easel. A Rhodes mkII suitcase.

A spare Eurorack case just for the modules I can't actually justify in my real-world case. It'd be mostly oscillators. In software I collect too many delays and reverbs; in modular it's VCOs.

A Gold Bar.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

A full studio setup, mixing desk and everything.

And of course, a studio to house all of it in.
My solo projects:
Hekkräiser (experimental) | MFG38 (electronic/soundtrack) | The Santtu Pesonen Project (metal/prog)

Aloysius wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:12 pm A Gold Bar.
One is not enough.

^ A classic. :tu:

Aloysius wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:12 pm A Gold Bar.
Mmmmm....

:hyper:

vurt wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 5:44 pmow my back :o
Schwarzenegger's new catchphrase.

At the moment it's probably an EGC, well actually a pair, standard and baritone.

spunkmuffin wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 6:34 pm ...I still have heaps to learn & explore in software...and I never have to pack it or move it...
have you tried upgrading your os? or a motherboard? or a cpu? or just getting a new computer?

it can be a huge pita to get all that stuff set up again how you like it on a new/upgraded system. im looking at doing just that right now. as it stands...it would take weeks to get it all installed, configured, and set up properly. its pretty easy to just pick up hardware and physically move it.

its such a daunting task im considering not even transferring things. i might just keep my current computer just for making music and get a new one for everything else. im still on a phenom ii x6 1090t and win 7 precisely because i just dont want to deal with it.
ImageImageImage

This is another thing I am mildly interested in:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pi ... lar-synthe

I can afford it, the fantasy part is that I would actually pay that much to a kickstarter campaign.
Again, maybe. Although, I probably don't really need that.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”