Rob Papen - A new Synthesizer is ahead! Guesses?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

49 EUR is a steal :)

Stefken wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 8:10 am
aMUSEd wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:41 am I wonder if this is like a scaled up version of GO2?
Go2 is more like a scaled down Predator2.
Go2 is somewhat digital sounding.
The new - as yet unnamed - synth is primarly orientated towards an analog sound. No wavetable or anthing.
Really? Tried Predator 1 but didn't think much of it - it seems more complex than that in terms of what you can do with the OSC (even if it is just one). and sounds better to my ears too but not tried P2.

aMUSEd wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:41 pm
Stefken wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 8:10 am
aMUSEd wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:41 am I wonder if this is like a scaled up version of GO2?
Go2 is more like a scaled down Predator2.
Go2 is somewhat digital sounding.
The new - as yet unnamed - synth is primarly orientated towards an analog sound. No wavetable or anthing.
Really? Tried Predator 1 but didn't think much of it - it seems more complex than that in terms of what you can do with the OSC (even if it is just one). and sounds better to my ears too but not tried P2.
P2 is a beast very versatile when it comes to OSC options alone. I only know the MELDA OSC as even far more deep and the ZEBRA OSC options which are nearly on par with P2. RP added a lot in P2 especially that every OSC now can have 2 waveforms which both can interfere with one another plus several more OSC mangling like FM and AM sync and PWM.

if it will be released around the time massive x is released, there's a chance, it won't catch enough attention. i suggest to release it in august :)

Hmmm. I think that won´t change a thing. Unfortunately RP products fly under the radar anywhy. I got no clue why that is so. On the other hand the new VA synth has a complete different concept. The both will not really be in each others way.

I am curious if it will have OSC and Filter FM like a Minimoog has (and THE LEGEND brilliantly does emulate). That would be very cool. I didn´t hear that in the demo tunes yet.

dune_rave wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 10:49 am if it will be released around the time massive x is released, there's a chance, it won't catch enough attention. i suggest to release it in august :)
Any synth released around Massive X's release date may fall into a shadow.... unless it's better than Massive X!

Hemmick Reef wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:08 am
dune_rave wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 10:49 am if it will be released around the time massive x is released, there's a chance, it won't catch enough attention. i suggest to release it in august :)
Any synth released around Massive X's release date may fall into a shadow.... unless it's better than Massive X!
Yes, Massive X may also fall into a shadow. :wink: We haven't heard much from Massive X and at least I've heard enough sounds of Hive and the new RP synth to know that these are quality synths.
Massive X, well, first challenge will be to get it released by june in the first place. First see how that goes....

Stefken wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:07 am
Yes, Massive X may also fall into a shadow. :wink: We haven't heard much from Massive X and at least I've heard enough sounds of Hive and the new RP synth to know that these are quality synths.
Massive X, well, first challenge will be to get it released by june in the first place. First see how that goes....
Massive X could even fall into it's own shadow :wink: but it's probably a cunning ploy by Native Instruments to dangle the 'carrot' a bit longer to build suspense :neutral:

Big fan of RP synths and I’m not sure the new one will go under the radar, it really depends on how it stands up to the new MX and Hive 2... tried both at Superbooth and they sound really good.
Time will tell... interesting times.

Hemmick Reef wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:43 am
Stefken wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:07 am
Massive X could even fall into it's own shadow :wink: but it's probably a cunning ploy by Native Instruments to dangle the 'carrot' a bit longer to build suspense :neutral:
After 2 missed release dates I guess we had all the suspense that we need. :)
The happy ending needs to come one time :clown:
Last edited by Stefken on Mon May 20, 2019 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

kelvyn wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:10 am Big fan of RP synths and I’m not sure the new one will go under the radar, it really depends on how it stands up to the new MX and Hive 2... tried both at Superbooth and they sound really good.
Time will tell... interesting times.
Yes, this one could be a topper.
I just hope the sound will be diverse enough. The first demo sounds had cs-80, oberheim, ... flavours but after that more and more Moogy sounds were demo-ed so I hope it's palette is diverse enough. We have plenty of Moog stuff around and his very own Subboombass is already very good at that.
Still, we only heard a small amount of sounds, so too early to tell. But the sound quality is pretty stunning.

I also love the way you can get really nasty sounds out of it and get the distortion working in the amp.

I‘m personally a lot more interested in the new RP synths as in Massive X after hearing both demos...

Anyone heard something new about the upcoming synth?

Expect it will be delayed past NI Summer of Sound promo.

SHall1000 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:17 am Expect it will be delayed past NI Summer of Sound promo.
Not yet. Expected a live stream yesterday but nope :)

Return to “Instruments”