how many reverbs do you use in your project?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

foosnark wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 10:50 pm
vurt wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:17 pm how many reverbs do you use?

before or after the distortion?
Trick question, the reverb and distortion are in a feedback loop
where does a loop begin or end....

the fisch wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 4:47 pm how could you add the same verb to a short clicky pluck as you would on a ambient pad?
I have 2 (or more if needed) send tracks for reverb. First set to taste, then copied to track 2. First is short tail and other long tail. Both sound the same but other fits for stuff like hats, snare, plucks... And other for pads n stuff whatever.

3 or so on a big mix. Plus a couple on tracks or groups for special fx.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

sqigls wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 3:55 am Image
:hihi:

I usually stick to sends unless I need a very specific reverb for a certain sound. Though of course you can always set up multiple sends.

Only 1. Logic SilverVerb. Sits better in the mix on my synths than any of the expensive reverb plugins.

pbr985 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:12 am Only 1. Logic SilverVerb. Sits better in the mix on my synths than any of the expensive reverb plugins
Haven’t checked out those legacy ‘verbs in a long time. Having seen this post, gonna have to check it out :tu:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:17 am
pbr985 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:12 am Only 1. Logic SilverVerb. Sits better in the mix on my synths than any of the expensive reverb plugins
Haven’t checked out those legacy ‘verbs in a long time. Having seen this post, gonna have to check it out :tu:
Play with Density/Time. It gives this you this grainy sound that I just cannot achieve with other effects. It obviously only suits certain audio material like synthetic stuff, so it's more like a character reverb/fx rather than natural. Wouldn't use it on acoustic sounds.

Lately, it's been 1-2 reverbs... but I have multiple instances sometimes. Sounding more homogenous with the same reverb, but tweaked to sit where I want in the mix where wet/dry isn't enough. I make electronic music, so it doesn't have to be "real".

It also depends on if I'm working on a synth patch vs. mixing. I'll sometimes add a little reverb (more often delay) to thicken things up a little on a pad, for example, separate from when mixing and sitting it in the mix.

mturboreverb on each synth .
nope no effect channel;
all of my reverbs are purely experimental / custom algorithms
so have to do so in such a cpu inefficient way
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Apratim wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:42 pm mturboreverb on each synth .
nope no effect channel;
How do you feel mturboverb compares quality wise versus other popular alternatives?

Ironically, it's one of the few i havent tried despite the fact that I use Melda for eq and compression as my go-to.

AC222 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:22 pm
Apratim wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:42 pm mturboreverb on each synth .
nope no effect channel;
How do you feel mturboverb compares quality wise versus other popular alternatives?

Ironically, it's one of the few i havent tried despite the fact that I use Melda for eq and compression as my go-to.
popular alternative ??
for eg
pro R has single algorithm with its eq decay rate control
turboreverb has dampening control and other sub modules
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0osFYGbE-Q
(just did a google search for mturboreverb dampening)

and any other reverb may have something unique like
crystal sparkling reverb
you have the early reflection controller which can do the same

so in short its a one stop reverb shop compared to any other reverb IMO
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Thanks! Yeah, the Fab Filter didn't quite float my boat. Not to say it was bad or any anything but it doesn't have the same depth of sound I hear from outboard gear like TC or Lexicon reverbs, even the cheapest of them. That's encouraging that you find this one reverb can suit all your needs

Used to use quite a few, one on each instrument. Started using sends and now probably use 2 or 3. One on send where most stuff I want reverb on gets sent to, and one shimmery reverb for pad, and maybe another to get the reverb rumble on techno kick.

Theres times Ill use extra reverbs instances on an instrument, but with same settings as the send. For instances on an acid bassline. Ill use same reverb setting as the send, but just eq it differently, or have the reverb duck a bit, when the instrument is playing a line. I try to keep the same space for a coherent sound.

I'm glad to read this thread. I'm working on improving my reverb situation and interested in everyone's setup. I'll describe my current setup but keep in mind I'm not 100% satisfied with it:

My main template uses 3 verbs as sends:
1. Room - set to about 5/4 note with a 50ms thereabouts predelay
2. Vocal plate - shorter than the room to add a bit of shine to the vocals
3. Delay to about 1/4 note - not a reverb but it contributes to the atmosphere

Almost all tracks are sent to these 3 sends at some point. I tweak the amounts to taste. For instance, the lead guitar may be sent to the Room at -6db and the Delay at -12db.

The reverbs have modifiers. For instance, the Room usually has a HPF at around 400hz to avoid muddying the bottom end, and it will also get a pre-compressor so that dry track transients get more room to have the spotlight with less mud.

Usually drums get sent to the Room, maybe at around -8db to -12db. I've experimented with a drum plate as an extra send but that doesn't feel right for every project.

Return to “Effects”