Does anyone here use Scheps Omni...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Glad I'm not the only one for whom the laggy/ghosty interfacing was a dealbreaker. I recently grabbed a bunch of Waves to demo while on sale and so much has been glowingly said about the Omni (as well as Abbey Road TG Mastering, which was even worse) that I really, really, tried to get beyond how much I dreaded having to open the plugin to make adjustments. Ended up just letting both of those lapse despite certainly the Omni sounding undeniably worth buying. Happens on both 2015 15" MBP and older 2009 using Reaper, both maxed out with RAM and on MH hardware with nothing else running. It's worth noting, for me, that I have no other plugins, no matter how skeuomorphic, where it even occurs to me that changing settings isn't as acceptable as it should be.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 5:53 am
mrj1nx wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 5:14 am
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 9:09 pm Sluggish mouse behaviour cut short my enjoyment of Omni, as well as other Waves plugs.
+1, dont like whatever waves are doing with the knobs.
Yup! Really badly scaled to movement, jumpy and imprecise :scared:
This is odd, as it performs quite smoothly for me. I suggest people get on Waves Central and make sure they are running the latest version as it sounds to me like graphic card performance related issues here.

If that doesn’t fix things, I encourage everyone to report the problem with their tech support. The more people the better. They can’t fix issues if they don’t know about them.

Return to “Effects”