Nembrini BST100 Super Overdrive Amp plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Two channels driven by four 12AX7/7025 Virtual Tubes, carefully modeled and fine tuned for the cutting edge 90s guitar amplifier hi-gain sound:

* Normal Channel with Bright and Clean/Crunch switches from crystal clear to creamy crunch tone
* Boost channel for the famous USA Hi-Gain guitar tone!

the BST100 Super Overdrive Amp plugin includes a complete recording chain emulation with 5 selected and fine tuned guitar amplifier cabinets, 5 microphones and a mixer section to blend 2 mics together with the room ambience and our custom design noise gate circuit.

You can also load your favorite Cabinet Impulse Response or bypass the intere recording chain section to use your real power amplifier and guitar speakers system with the BST100 Super Overdrive Amp plugin!

SPECIAL INTRO OFFER $29 ALL MAY
(Regular price $137)

https://www.nembriniaudio.com/products/ ... -amplifier

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

An Intel Pentium 4 compatible CPU
1GB RAM
Mac OS 10.9 or newer (Mac users)
Windows 7 or newer (PC users)
A display resolution of 1280x1024 pixels or more
A VST2, VST3, AAX or AudioUnits compatible host
iLok authorization onto iLok2, iLok3, Host Computer or iLok cloud.

i tried it when it came out. didn't like the cabinet section at all - too inflexible IMO. they seem to be following Plugin Alliance footsteps and offering fixed cabinet sections, however instead of providing various predefined "good" FX chains, they allow you to build your own, but severely restrict your choices. for example, i'm very much used to using a combination of SM57+R121 to provide a "bass + treble" balance that i'm comfortable with, but i can't set up cab section in BST100 in a way that i like - it won't allow me.

the amp itself sounds great, but not better than myriad things that i already have, so i didn't bring anything new to the table either. so... pass for me, despite the very attractive intro price.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Is this the same guy Igor Nembrini who worked with Dirk to make the Brainworx amps?

That's correct. And this also makes me wonder if anything at all will happen at bx regarding amp sims.

lajosuti wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:48 am That's correct. And this also makes me wonder if anything at all will happen at bx regarding amp sims.
Thanks boss!

https://youtu.be/iAiZm9odR7c

Wow, this amp sim (an obvious Soldano SLO 100) sounds just like my real Soldano, albeit a Hotrod 50, and Leon Todd in this video, a Soldano Hotrod 50 user, confers too.

Just barely into it but I like it so far. 29 bucks? But it's ilok (most people will scoff at that)

metalifuxx wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:21 pm sounds just like my real Soldano
Cool! Can you post some sound examples comparing the two?
Confucamus.

It's funny, after all the amp sims I've tried (and bought too many of them) this one is the first one that feels and sounds like I'm playing through an amp.

I don't say that lightly.

Rockatansky wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:42 pm
metalifuxx wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:21 pm sounds just like my real Soldano
Cool! Can you post some sound examples comparing the two?
My amp is at my practice space at drummers house. Leon Todd (from the posted video) does some real in depth tone examples with his Soldano Hotrod 50+ on his channel, no side by side but it gives you a real good idea if you watch one right after the other.

I can't play like that dude. Great sounds though.

I'll tell you what I don't like, the IR loader. It's half baked. Instead of it finding proper files and then showing a folder to open, you navigate to that spot and there is nothing. Oddly, when you hit "open" it loads those that you can't see :shrug:

Also, it doesn't seem to permi-load them and you have to do it again. Haven't tried recalling a saved patch with IR's, I'll do that when I get home from the doc.

Bought it, because it sounds like excellent ear-candy to me.

Two issues, though -- 1. Can confirm Reggie1979's post about the IR loader being borked. Best fix for me is to use Impulsive, which offers a lot more control and flexibility. 2. The GUI is resizeable, which is great -- except for the menu bar, the presets text, and the text in the IR browser. Painfully tiny in 4K.

I don't regret the purchase, though.

I wrote them a note about it, I'm not very good at explaining things I hope they know what I mean.

Return to “Effects”