Syntronik Bully free for newsletter subscribers until May 23rd

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:tu:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Local Man wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:53 pmThe thing is, even if you somehow didn't install the full Bully download properly, you should still see some Bully patches in the basic Syntronik free package. So if there aren't any at all that's really strange.
Oh yeah, there're three Bully patches in Syntronik, that all loaded fine just the full Bully sounds I'm missing. Not sure where to look, the paths all look fine as glokraw mentioned and I even found the installation log that looked ok. Just the rescan instruments seems to not find anything... Thanks.

GaryG wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:30 pm
Local Man wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:53 pmThe thing is, even if you somehow didn't install the full Bully download properly, you should still see some Bully patches in the basic Syntronik free package. So if there aren't any at all that's really strange.
Oh yeah, there're three Bully patches in Syntronik, that all loaded fine just the full Bully sounds I'm missing. Not sure where to look, the paths all look fine as glokraw mentioned and I even found the installation log that looked ok. Just the rescan instruments seems to not find anything... Thanks.
I just re-installed the free version of Syntronik, and it looks like it automatically found the Bully patches as there are a whole bunch now and not just 3 of them.

Not sure if this helps any, but I checked and see the IK Memory-V, Bully, and Syntronik folders are in Sampletank 3/Instruments directory.

Downloaded. What is this weirdness. Not a single automatable parameter? Or is there a way to enable automation for parameters? If not, I think I'll uninstall thanks.

What DAW do you use? It should have a midi controller like Reaper. If you got a midi keyboard every parameter is easily learned and able to be recorded for automation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpHx3Y2N4U4&t=341s
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:42 am Downloaded. What is this weirdness. Not a single automatable parameter? Or is there a way to enable automation for parameters? If not, I think I'll uninstall thanks.

I don't want to use midi, for about a dozen reasons. I use automation controls in bitwig or maschine. So no parameters can be controlled other than my midi. No thanks.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:58 am I don't want to use midi, for about a dozen reasons. I use automation controls in bitwig or maschine. So no parameters can be controlled other than my midi. No thanks.
Yeah, automation doesn't work in Logic either. It's a Syntronik issue, not a DAW issue. Almost every other virtual instrument has full automation support in Logic.
I appreciate the freebies from IK but I would definitely never pay for this plugin. The Bully sounds are nice though. I like it better than the Memory Moog sounds they gave away a few months ago.

While MIDI CC messages controlled via automation will be close to the same as automating parameters for your plug-in directly. The SampleTank 3 CS (Custom Shop) software can be used to automate your controls in both ways. This is a free download in your My Products section of your IK Multimedia account.

For those of you who want to automate Syntronik through MIDI, check out this FAQ here.
Make sure to keep an eye out on the IK Multimedia web site for future news and promotions!

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!

GaryG wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:30 pm Oh yeah, there're three Bully patches in Syntronik, that all loaded fine just the full Bully sounds I'm missing. Not sure where to look, the paths all look fine as glokraw mentioned and I even found the installation log that looked ok. Just the rescan instruments seems to not find anything... Thanks.
Reach out to support and shoot me a PM with your Ticket #. I'll make sure the team gets you back to making music asap. It sounds like you just need to fix your sound content paths.
Make sure to keep an eye out on the IK Multimedia web site for future news and promotions!

Ryan_IK wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:47 pm While MIDI CC messages controlled via automation will be close to the same as automating parameters for your plug-in directly. The SampleTank 3 CS (Custom Shop) software can be used to automate your controls in both ways. This is a free download in your My Products section of your IK Multimedia account.

For those of you who want to automate Syntronik through MIDI, check out this FAQ here.
Nice tip. Thanks!

Syntronik fails to load as it cannot build the database...

The support page does not work, it complains about invalid characters in the message field, but does not tell me where it is. (I am writing plain English). And it does not know Bitwig as sequencer...

I wanted to send this:
I get this error on opening Syntronik as plug-in or standalone. (it worked before...)

Error
The database build has failed.Please go in settings>Library and hit "Rescan Instruments" to retry.

It needed zero seconds to come up with exactly the same error message again...

I tried to open Sample Tank 3 and got an immediate crash. Might be related...
Opening Sampletank 3 as plug-in crashes the plug-in with the following message in Bitwig:
Plugin host died: could not read async reply: End of stream

Happened on a Mac Pro 2013 and OS X 10.12.6...

Regarding your web form, Bitwig is not listed, My message is supposed to have invalid characters which is strange, as it does not tell which one and we have the year 2019, about 30 years ago these sort of problems had been solved... (Instead of an error message teach it to accept all characters...)

Tj Shredder wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:14 pm Syntronik fails to load as it cannot build the database...

The support page does not work, it complains about invalid characters in the message field, but does not tell me where it is. (I am writing plain English). And it does not know Bitwig as sequencer...

I wanted to send this:
I get this error on opening Syntronik as plug-in or standalone. (it worked before...)

Error
The database build has failed.Please go in settings>Library and hit "Rescan Instruments" to retry.

It needed zero seconds to come up with exactly the same error message again...

I tried to open Sample Tank 3 and got an immediate crash. Might be related...
Opening Sampletank 3 as plug-in crashes the plug-in with the following message in Bitwig:
Plugin host died: could not read async reply: End of stream

Happened on a Mac Pro 2013 and OS X 10.12.6...

Regarding your web form, Bitwig is not listed, My message is supposed to have invalid characters which is strange, as it does not tell which one and we have the year 2019, about 30 years ago these sort of problems had been solved... (Instead of an error message teach it to accept all characters...)
Please shoot me a PM when you can. We should be able to figure out why your ticket won't open, as well as what could be going on here.

In the meantime, I do have a quick suggestion. Please try deleting the "Instruments.db" file in your Documents > Syntronik folder, and launching Syntronik in a stand alone instance. After doing so, try launching your DAW to find Syntronik.

Return to “Instruments”