Is Bitwig dying?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Fine guise, I'll admit It’s a fun tool to use, but it's totally missing stuff I think, and therefor everyone thinks, is necessary. I’m not sure why they keep focusing on stuff I think 3rd party VSTs can do WAY better but I hope they stop doing things I don't want after 3.0. Bitwig really has a chance to become bestest daw for the future of humankind if they just change their priorities to suit my needs. If they don’t change their focus, then yes, the company could go out of business. I'm a soothsayer and that’s how business works. If they lose me as a customer, everyone will go and you lose your business. Look, not only have I seen Bitwig's future but I have their financials in front of me, yup, according to my feelings it's not looking too good on this report. Bitwig is dying, like only two videos a month. :party:
-JH

Bitwig is dying just like each years people say PC gaming is dying... And that for the last 25+ years...

We're all dying. Live!

T71 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:50 am We're all dying. Live!
Ableton Live :ud:

I'm an Ableton Live user for the last 10 years. Enjoyed using it, but it always felt lacking somehow. Sometimes I bounced between FL and Reaper for other features. I've been trying out Bitwig demos since it was released but it never felt right. Recently I saw the 3.0 announcements and decided to give the latest demo a try and it all clicks for me now. Everything seems to work exactly as I want it to, no weird glitches that I had experienced in older versions. To me it combines all the things I liked in the other DAWs in one place, and more obviously. Bought it yesterday and no looking back. Excited for the future!

you bought bitwig 2 only a month before they release bitwig 3 ??? :neutral:

Belka wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:44 pm you bought bitwig 2 only a month before they release bitwig 3 ??? :neutral:
This makes him/her eligible for Bitwig 3 as you have 12 months of upgrades after purchase

but not the big Version Jumps i thought?

Belka wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:10 pm but not the big Version Jumps i thought?
It makes no difference

When you buy Bitwig, you get anything released in the next 12 months included. There is no such thing as big version jumps.

Big version jumps - in Bitwig - are really only relevant for marketing purposes, as the "press" doesn't seem to be so excited about point releases regardless of how much stuff they introduce :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Bitwig really need to up their PR game. Just think about all people who are missing out.

Yup- I just posted just yesterday on another thread where someone said they wont use BWS as they don't like subscription software...it never ends! Bitwig could probably drop the GRID and write 'it is NOT subscription software' across the entire web site and they would probably sell more units!

They are there own worst enemy, on their website:

BITWIG STUDIO UPGRADE PLAN
Renew your upgrade plan for another 12 months.

Makes people think you have to upgrade every 12 months....

All they needed to do....

BITWIG STUDIO UPGRADE
Upgrade 'anytime' to the latest version and 'in addition' get all subsequent updates FREE for 12 months...

Better?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

^^^ Agreed. Seriously.

better...

Return to “Bitwig”