Eventide H3000 Factory

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

simmo75 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:55 pm
Really impressed with this video. I just changed my mind on this and bought it. Thanks for posting Steve.
Me too... :party:

jens wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:33 pm I don't think it's really worth it as it currently is, but I have high hopes that this sale means they will soon release an update for it as they recently did with the 2016, Instant Phaser and Instant Flanger, which lifted all of these three to a totally different level - the H3000 Factory is quite old now and back then they did not model the actual hardware but instead just ported the algorithms over. The AD/DA section which was developed by Dave Derr is said to be - alongside the digital algorithms - a major contributor to the sound of the hardware. So it would make a lot of sense that they tackle this now for an update.
.. and hopefully finally add the missing algorithms and classic presets. :)

Yeah, Eventide have been on a roll lately so I have high hopes for the future!
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:05 pm
jens wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:33 pm I don't think it's really worth it as it currently is, but I have high hopes that this sale means they will soon release an update for it as they recently did with the 2016, Instant Phaser and Instant Flanger, which lifted all of these three to a totally different level - the H3000 Factory is quite old now and back then they did not model the actual hardware but instead just ported the algorithms over. The AD/DA section which was developed by Dave Derr is said to be - alongside the digital algorithms - a major contributor to the sound of the hardware. So it would make a lot of sense that they tackle this now for an update.
.. and hopefully finally add the missing algorithms and classic presets. :)

Yeah, Eventide have been on a roll lately so I have high hopes for the future!
Let's hope it not only gets updated, but only costs $39 when it does!

I have the UltraReverb (great plugin) that has the reverbs from the H8000. Also the Eventide UltraChannel strip that includes the micro pitch shift and stereo delays plus a variant of the Omnipressor.

I use the reverb a ton. The channel strip comes out when I want the micro shift (usually on vocals) and for that reason have it in my main template, but it's CPU heavy (twice the load as a Scheps Omni) so I wouldn't use it as a channel strip.

I'm not sure I would use much more of that H3000 feature set, but I'm very glad I have access to the Eventide reverbs and the micro shift, very useful tools.

Does it do Crystal Echoes?

Just playing with the demo looking to make a purchase decision. Listen to the Stereo Analog Delay by Dax Liniere. I am running an acoustic guitar arp through it. Doesn't that sound really nice? Now raise the feedback on each delay module to about 18% and tweek the mix. Or Kerry Leva/ Slinky - wow! I think the H3000 is tuned to sound nice on "traditional" sounding instruments - voice, guitar, acoustic... still though $67... :phones:

I ended up purchasing the H3000 through AudioDeluxe. They sent me the serial number and license key and I registered it on the Eventide site using my ILok username. But the license wasn't deposited to my ILok account. I contacted both AudioDeluxe and Eventide about the issue but no responses so far. Did anyone else run into any similar problem with the ILok account not receiving the license?

seangm wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:17 am I ended up purchasing the H3000 through AudioDeluxe. They sent me the serial number and license key and I registered it on the Eventide site using my ILok username. But the license wasn't deposited to my ILok account. I contacted both AudioDeluxe and Eventide about the issue but no responses so far. Did anyone else run into any similar problem with the ILok account not receiving the license?
Did you try:
1.Redeem the code with your iLok manager directly?
2. Or: visit Eventide site, if there is ”register”?

Can’t remember how it was, and now out of office. But no difficulties with any of the Eventide.

seangm wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:17 am I ended up purchasing the H3000 through AudioDeluxe. They sent me the serial number and license key and I registered it on the Eventide site using my ILok username. But the license wasn't deposited to my ILok account. I contacted both AudioDeluxe and Eventide about the issue but no responses so far. Did anyone else run into any similar problem with the ILok account not receiving the license?
Yes, me... :scared:

As far as I know, the license get deposited directly in your iLok account after the registration on eventideaudio.com. On your computer log into the iLok License Manager and look out for the Eventide H3000 Factory Native license and just activate it by dragging it onto the computer or iLok symbol in the left column.

Had the same problem. Contacted Eventide and they said AudioDeluxe had generated an UltraReverb code by mistake. Eventide were able to exchange the code for the H3000 in my ilock account and all went well.

jochicago wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:44 pm I have the UltraReverb (great plugin) that has the reverbs from the H8000.
To be honest I am not a huge fan of the UltraReverb - it's certainly doing its job, but it somehow tends to sound a little boring/bland to me - hard to describe - I think it's that it neither sounds very realistic nor very characterful to me but rather somehow seems to sit in the dull middle that is neither fish nor flesh.

For this reason I always wondered how close it is to the H8000 soundwise - here again I know they only approached the digital algorithms (no direct ports though either I seem to remember having read) and not the I/O of the hardware.

My hope is that Woody Herman has a go at this one too - no offense meant to Dan Gillespie, but Woody's emulation skills seem to come from an entirely different universe. He seems to be a total genius - also considering how little CPU he needs for his magic.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

plopseaw wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:14 am Had the same problem. Contacted Eventide and they said AudioDeluxe had generated an UltraReverb code by mistake. Eventide were able to exchange the code for the H3000 in my ilock account and all went well.
Yes I see that I have an Ultra Reverb license in my account now that I didn't notice so it looks like AudioDeluxe is sending out the wrong license. I haven't heard anything back from Eventide yet, glad you got yours straightened out.

jens wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:55 am
jochicago wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:44 pm I have the UltraReverb (great plugin) that has the reverbs from the H8000.
To be honest I am not a huge fan of the UltraReverb - it's certainly doing its job, but it somehow tends to sound a little boring/bland to me - hard to describe - I think it's that it neither sounds very realistic nor very characterful to me but rather somehow seems to sit in the dull middle that is neither fish nor flesh.
All a matter of taste, i guess. I think it sounds very good. What it doesn't do though is preserve the highs very well. It's generally a pretty dark reverb, maybe that's why you think it's bland/boring. You can help with that a bit by boosting the highs. I surely wouldn't use it on everything, but, it certainly has a specific sound (which is going a bit in the Blackhole direction), and character.

plexuss wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:37 am ...I think the H3000 is tuned to sound nice on "traditional" sounding instruments - voice, guitar, acoustic...
This is a good point.

Return to “Effects”