Nylon - Release offer - 50% off!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey everybody,

we want to share our first official software release with you. It’s a software synthesizer called Nylon and is available as a VST2, VST3 and AU plugin for Windows and Mac.

The centerpiece is our newly developed geometric oscillator. It translates a circular bezier path to sound, preserving aesthetic properties like sharpness, complexity and symmetry. Each oscillator comes with two shapes, that can be morphed into each other. This lets you easily create complex, interesting, moving timbres, all before the filter.

With a Wave Casual account you get access to our online preset database. It lets you search, store and share you own creations online, making them available for all users. Try and install new presets from a huge shared library, all instantly available without leaving the plugin.

You can buy Nylon or download the demo from our website at www.wavecasual.com. To celebrate the release we are giving out a limited number of copies for 50% off! Just use the HELLO-KVR in our checkout system.

--- GET NYLON HERE ---

The coupon is limited to 50 copies.

Nylon in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL7WUvAjGT8

Nylon Features

Topology
  • 2 geometric oscillators
  • 2 sub oscillators
  • Noise generator
  • Frequency modulation
  • Analog modeled filters with drive
  • VCAs with analog modelled distortion
  • Ultra fat chorus and spacious delay
Modulation
  • 6 freely assignable modulators
  • 3 freely assignable Midi inputs (MPE coming soon)
  • Intuitive Drag & Drop modulation assignment
  • LFO and ADSR modulator types
Extra
  • Shared online preset library
  • Efficient tagging, and searching of presets
  • In-app help for every parameter
Your Wave Casual Team
Clemens, Joshua and Thomas
Last edited by Meerpohl on Tue May 21, 2019 6:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Just spent some time playing with the demo. I'm getting some creative effects with the oscillator morphs!

Can you help me wrap my head around the oscillator shapes? If I'm not mistaken, these are just bezier curves that are "wrapped" around into a circle, right? So this is basically acting like a wave table synth but with a new kind of display.

Is there some way to copy a wave form? I want to morph from one wave at one end Osc A to a similar but slightly altered wave at the other end of the morph spectrum. It's hard to try to remake it from scratch.

Also, I keep getting some weird phasing anytime I combine one Oscillator with another if they're an octave apart, as though the pitch weren't EXACTLY one octave. When I fear up an oscilloscope, it looks like the two oscillators aren't matching perfectly. Speaking of: is there any way to scroll by step when selecting pitch? It can be hard to make an accurate selection with totally free scrolling.

Sounds good though! Not sure I'll buy day 1, but I'll keep my eyes on it.

EDIT: Also, not a critique, but I'm finding it really easy to create "square" shaped waves, but very difficult to create saws. I guess this is just the result of the geometry, but I'm having a lot of fun trying to approximate more familiar wave types with this unfamiliar editor.

Nice but I much prefer nylon in my girlfriend's drawer, not in my DAW.

Demo sounds good.
Congrats on the design of the synth and your website.

Meerpohl wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 5:04 pm Hey everybody,

we want to share our first official software release with you.
I bought your synth.
It has an interesting timbre to it, an unique palette.

In fact, everything (the synth and the website) oozes quality, innovative thinking and user friendliness.
I find this very impressive for a first release and I'm happy to support you. :tu:

I agree with Stefken, major thumbs up for the professional sheen of everything, website and product and all. Really impressive. Also bought the synth (using the code) even without testing the demo since I had a bit of cash over, and it sounds good so far!

I bought Nylon too, very impressive 1st product.
Thank you and good luck.

It seems like a nice synth, but could you please post more audio demos? Besides, the drums are much louder than the synth itself in this video!

Congratulations : it looks very, very good, and seems very interesting, fresh !

I'm covered with what I already have, but impressive work. Sounds good and it looks gorgeous. Congratulations and good luck!
MAN FROM SPACE
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/135uz9UwHtdXZgiFyAc3oz
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/manfromspace

GumRoad (FREE Ableton racks and synth presets): https://gumroad.com/manfromspace

I will keep my eye on this.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Meerpohl wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 5:04 pm 3 freely assignable Midi inputs (MPE coming soon)
What is soon? next month or next year?
MPE is a requirement for any purchase I do...

Thought it might be a new guitar at first.
No excitement from teaser.

Bought it and I love it! :hyper: Great sounding filters, along with Drive and Distort, FM, great audio routing and modulation all in a well laid out single page GUI. I love the sounds I can get from this thing. :tu:

Reaper users :- TURN YOUR VOLUME RIGHT DOWN before you playback any MIDI notes with Nylon. You may find that Nylon doesn't work well with anticipative FX on. I have let Wave Casual know about this. I got extreme feedback type noise when playing back a Nylon MIDI track right from the start of, or part of the way through, a note. But no problem when the track with Nylon on has it's "Track performance options" set to "Prevent anticipative FX" on that track.
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

looks very promising!

a walkthrough-video would be cool. showing a bit more of its potential.

is it possible to change the phase of the lfo's?

is there a way to get the demo, without having to create an account?

are there still reduced copies left?

Return to “Instruments”