Kilohearts Phaseplant or Massive X?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am currently have some budget to get a new synth.

I found that Phaseplant from kilohearts are really powerful with creative routing. But I know that Massive X will be available next month.

Can't decide which to purchase.

Anybody could give me your thoughts?

Besides I already have Serum, Massive, and U-he Diva.

I'd skip both of them and go buy Melda Sound Factory right now while it's on the beta sale.

Massive X is much better then Phaseplant, here is why:

both are not yet released, so i advice you to get phaseplant :D

You should buy Flexion !
Best
YY

Wait for the demo versions and all the Youtube videos stuff to get a good idea.

Phase Plant looks like the perfect sound designer's dream synth. Add as many oscillators as you want, modulate anything to anything, route how you feel like, wanna make an hybrid 12+ WT osc FM patch ? no problem, etc... So it looks like an extremely powerful and flexible synth. As deep as you want it to be.

Massive X is a bit like a 2019 update of Massive. They took the best ideas from Massive and added new ones and put them into a new engine which also looks more flexible too. I feel like it's gonna be a great powerful synth even though compared to Phase Plant it's obviously not as modular. MX has a more "conservative" design somehow.

yay! this again!

ive travelled to the future for you, i found that while both are really good synths, massive x was the one i personally went with. mainly due to the vouchers i had :shrug:
i then realised that with my time machine i could travel back to before my birth, start a high interest account in my name. i am now living on the interest alone from that so will buy both i reckon :)

ps: time travel chafes your nuts more than is mentioned in any of the films :x

Fishsticks anyone?
Murderous duck!

vurt wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 4:49 pm ps: time travel chafes your nuts more than is mentioned in any of the films :x
Does time travel also cause temporary insanity (makes you nuts)?

Stefken wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:21 pm
vurt wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 4:49 pm ps: time travel chafes your nuts more than is mentioned in any of the films :x
Does time travel also cause temporary insanity (makes you nuts)?
of course not.
at least, i see no change between before and after the time travel.
although, as time is an illusion, and neither before or after exist, only now does, then well never know.

it does raise the question of where slimming groups get before and after pics with the big pants?

Why don’t you get Avenger, Omnisphere and Falcon. Then call it a day.

That’s all the synthesis you would ever need in our short life spans.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

I am waiting for Hive 2. :)

_ZzaJ_ wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:11 pm Can't decide which to purchase.
Anybody could give me your thoughts?
Yes my thought is wait for them to be released, try the demos and find out which one you like best. Asking for opinions on synths that haven't even been released yet is pointless.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

v1o wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 4:51 am Why don’t you get Avenger, Omnisphere and Falcon. Then call it a day.

That’s all the synthesis you would ever need in our short life spans.
Avenger is very decent (I bought two licenses because I need to use it on 4 machines) but it's as bloated as you would expect a Vengeance product to be. Besides, feedback is cherrypicked and all valid criticism or issues are dismissed with "works on my machine" or just magically transformed to personal attacks.
Give it a try, it's good but if I could go back I wouldn't have bought it, especially when there are going to be good alternatives to it.

Support small developers, get PhasePlant (when it's out). And it is awesome!
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

This is easy. Phaseplant is everything Massive X is, it's everything Massive X isn't and a lot more on top of that.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Return to “Instruments”