Lofi/boombap/old school hip-hop instrumental. I'll return any feedback.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys, just something I threw together with some Goldbaby drums, Komplete and Orange Tree Guitars. Enjoy. If you comment and leave a link, I'll be sure to give your stuff a listen as well. Cheers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjQjt0T3P80

My Feedback

Music - 7.5
Instruments - 8.5
Performance - 8.5
Mix - 9.5

Overall - 8.5

Comments: Love the piano. Which one? It has kind of a lo-fi vibe to it. I don't think something like Pianoteq would work for the vibe. Orange Tree doesn't sound bad. The drums have a nice sound too. Different from most of the stuff I own. Nice jazzy feel to this one. Just would have liked a little more musical diversity, like maybe a bridge or something. Otherwise, well done.

Anyway, I'd leave a link but I doubt you'd like the kind of stuff I do. Our styles are miles apart.

wagtunes wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 2:16 am My Feedback

Music - 7.5
Instruments - 8.5
Performance - 8.5
Mix - 9.5

Overall - 8.5

Comments: Love the piano. Which one? It has kind of a lo-fi vibe to it. I don't think something like Pianoteq would work for the vibe. Orange Tree doesn't sound bad. The drums have a nice sound too. Different from most of the stuff I own. Nice jazzy feel to this one. Just would have liked a little more musical diversity, like maybe a bridge or something. Otherwise, well done.

Anyway, I'd leave a link but I doubt you'd like the kind of stuff I do. Our styles are miles apart.
Thanks man. Have to agree that a bridge or some more changes would improve it. I'm trying to just finish things instead of leaving them up in to rot on my hard drive, but that means some stuff sounds incomplete at times.
The piano was the Alicia Keys piano which I almost always turn to when looking for a grand piano sound. It just works. Was some heavy EQ done though. Basically just left the mid range and gave it boost. Thanks for checking it out.

Straight2Vinyl wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 3:05 pm
wagtunes wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 2:16 am My Feedback

Music - 7.5
Instruments - 8.5
Performance - 8.5
Mix - 9.5

Overall - 8.5

Thanks man. Have to agree that a bridge or some more changes would improve it. I'm trying to just finish things instead of leaving them up in to rot on my hard drive, but that means some stuff sounds incomplete at times.
The piano was the Alicia Keys piano which I almost always turn to when looking for a grand piano sound. It just works. Was some heavy EQ done though. Basically just left the mid range and gave it boost. Thanks for checking it out.
Alicia Keys. Yeah, got it with Komplete 12. Just never used it. Will have to check it out.

Return to “Music Cafe”