How do SPL plug ins compare to Fab Filter?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

was browsing spl and they are pretty expensive. How do they stack up against each other?

Just keep an eye out for the sales and you can get the SPL stuff dirt cheap

Crizzle wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 2:43 pm was browsing spl and they are pretty expensive. How do they stack up against each other?
They both compress, so they are the same in that regard. For the rest just demo on the material you are going to use and judge yourself.

I didnt demo spl. I had fabfilter. Its great compressor but i didnt liked using it and it didnt had limiter/clipper on so i sold it. I like some other compressors more.

Compressor? Where did you get that one from? :lol:

He was asking in general... ;-)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 5:54 am Compressor? Where did you get that one from? :lol:

He was asking in general... ;-)
sorry, i red it wrong, my bad :)

either way to answer the question, i have no idea, its like asking 3rd opinion wich tea tastes better for me.

demo on the material that is going to be worked on :) other then that, things like visual stuff, gui, interface, can make up opinion on my just looking and comparing, you dont need others opinion on that :)

the more i see such basic questions the more i think that people start to loose ability try on their own, read on their own, expierience on their own, to form own decision, to think on their own :)
Last edited by Elektronisch on Fri May 24, 2019 6:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

As Havok said, don't even consider buying anything SPL with a discount below 60%. Or even more. If you're interested, subscribe to Plugin Alliance newsletter and sooner or later you will get a flash sale offer for the product you're interested in. You just need to wait.

Besides that, interface wise, Fabfilter totally outdoes SPL anytime.
MAN FROM SPACE
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/135uz9UwHtdXZgiFyAc3oz
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/manfromspace

GumRoad (FREE Ableton racks and synth presets): https://gumroad.com/manfromspace

For me, PA SPL and FF are different tools for different jobs. A lot of SPL's are modelled off their hardware units. FF are not modelled but are purely unique software "tales" on their respective tool-set (eg. compressor, eq, etc). That and FF have also a unique and appealing GUI and workflow. The SPL analogue models are attempts at software reproduciton of their related hardware units. The remaining SPL's are more utility tools.

To me SPL and FF are in very different camps. If it was a matter of one or the other I'd say FF because you are going to get a much wider range of use out of them typically, and top notch GUI/UX. The SPL's each have own thng going on which is great if you want that thing. FF are more general purpose with high quality. :phones:

Return to “Effects”