Jayne Mansfield - Downbeat, 90 bpm

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

my first posting here in the subforum. Finished this track a few days ago.

I mainly used U-he plugins and samples for the drums. DAW is Renoise.

Maybe someone likes it ...

https://soundcloud.com/lilith_93/jaynemansfield

Cheers & thanks for listening

I liked it!
But I would like it even more if there was a chord change, some where, maybe at the 4:04 mark.
I give it a :tu:

Googly Smythe wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 12:23 pm I liked it!
But I would like it even more if there was a chord change, some where, maybe at the 4:04 mark.
I give it a :tu:
Hi,

thanks for listening. I agree that a chord change would make it a bit more interesting towards the end. When I lay hands again on the track the next time, I'll try. At the moment I need some distance :)
Checked your stuff on soundcloud and I pretty much like it. Well produced and I totally enjoyed every song I listened to. Reminded me a bit on Amorphous Androgynous sometimes or bands like Ozric Tentacles.

My Feedback

Music - 8.5
Instruments - 9.5
Performance - 9
Mix - 10

Overall - 9.25

Comments: Cool sounding. Excellent mix. I liked this more than I thought I would. Check out my Wagtunes Corner here when you get a chance. The later tracks are the better ones for the most part.

Thanks a lot :), I checked your stuff yesterday shortly on the cell phone. Give it a listen again. I'm on Linux and quite happy that you give 10 points for the mix, because many people say it's not possible to make music in Linux :D

lilith93 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:04 pm Thanks a lot :), I checked your stuff yesterday shortly on the cell phone. Give it a listen again. I'm on Linux and quite happy that you give 10 points for the mix, because many people say it's not possible to make music in Linux :D
Don't listen to them. They're idiots. You can make music on anything.

I know :) ... The DAW doesn't matter and I also don't need the latest plugin, etc. It's just bullshit.

lilith93 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:25 pm I know :) ... The DAW doesn't matter and I also don't need the latest plugin, etc. It's just bullshit.
Most of the stuff I've been doing lately has been drums, bass and virtual guitars. Maybe one or two synths mixed in. You don't really need a lot of stuff. In fact, I have way more than I need.

wagtunes wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:29 pm
lilith93 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:25 pm I know :) ... The DAW doesn't matter and I also don't need the latest plugin, etc. It's just bullshit.
Most of the stuff I've been doing lately has been drums, bass and virtual guitars. Maybe one or two synths mixed in. You don't really need a lot of stuff. In fact, I have way more than I need.
Ahh.. just saw that you also make sounddesign.

lilith93 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:32 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:29 pm
Ahh.. just saw that you also make sounddesign.
Yeah, it gives me something else to do.

Gonna go check out some more of your stuff on Soundcloud.

I'm not so into Alternative Rock, but your tracks are cool. The voice reminds me a bit on Mercury Rev in case you know them.

lilith93 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:36 pm I'm not so into Alternative Rock, but your tracks are cool. The voice reminds me a bit on Mercury Rev in case you know them.
OMG, you are not the first person who's told me I sound like their lead singer. I guess it must be true. I have to go listen to them again.

I've also done other genres as well (hundreds of tracks at Soundcloud) including EDM. But I mostly use synthetic voices for them and most people really hate them so you might not find them too appealing.

Yes, I find the rock tracks better ;) ... But I didn't listen to all of them yet.

Mercury Rev --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWskXTiIDY8

Hi.. you have a artsy avant garde style... nice..cool percussion. You could put together a video easily I'm sure that there's lot of clips of Jayne on the net.

Return to “Music Cafe”