Nektar Impact GX49 incompatible with Android?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello guys,

Just bought a Nektar Impact GX49 along with a USB OTG which connects to my Android phone. I just tried several Android piano apps that supports MIDI input but for some reason the input from my GX49 does not register to the app.

Is the Nektar GX49 even compatible with Android?

I'm ignorant of it. I have a last years motorola smartphone with android 8.0.0. Didn't know that midi support had been added to android (my earlier android phone and tablet from a few years ago apparently didn't have it). But recently added a 128 GB microsd card and connected usb to the PC to transfer over a 60 GB music library to the card, and was puzzled why the PC wasn't seeing the phone.

So googled it a bit, and while connected to the PC, on the top drop-down area of the phone was a drop-down item for USB-- It gave choice of using the USB for 1. Charging only 2. Charging and data transfer 3. Midi

Yeah you probably know all about that, was just chiming in in case you didn't tell the phone to use the usb for Midi (assuming your phone's version of android gives you the same choices when you connect a usb cable).

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”