Yeah, no

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There's not much difference to "I". I made the e. bass louder in the loudest bit. Mainly there is a new section. :)

hmm, sounded more spacious?
maybe a trick of the ears when not as stoned as before :hihi:

all sounded cool as f**k :moo: (sorry, old madchester reference)
youre going to have to work hard to top this un! :tu:

Nice work on the cymbals part at the end, do they have their own reverb ?
You can't always get what you waaaant...

jancivil wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:36 pm I have a beginning to the next thing, which I'm unsure of a name for but it's in the same timeline directly following.

IIA

quite different in character
:D !

Sorry, but sometimes worlds don't suffise.

Yes, the cymbals on that kit, this is from a factory "Preset" are somewhat wet in the kit. I turned the returns way down on it tho. As it goes I'm thinking of some delay and weirdness, cross-rhythms.
But that one on the last '1' rings a hell of a long time anyway. I was pretty excited to find that one.
I'm still manufacturing the drum parts in this section.
There are three kits of quite different character in the acoustic sections.

I've been listening to a number of young drummers lately, who use these stacks and dry exotic cymbals, fortunately I have the Sabian Digital Vault which has some of this. I don't have any of these tiny hihat stacks which is a popular thing in fusion today. Meinl Cymbals has all kind of unique things, but I'm just in the samples world now.

thanks gents

Actually the reverb return is fairly high but the only thing sent to it is the overheads channel; "Ambient 3" channel (far/wide mic'ing of the room) is very low. It's kind of deep but still crisp.
vurt wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:57 pm hmm, sounded more spacious?
maybe a trick of the ears when not as stoned as before :hihi:
ah, yeah. quelle surprise, you was high

What I did do was use a Near decorrelation vs a Wide decorrelation in the convolution of the Teldex Stage, the drums are very near, the other sharp attacks are near, the winds are Wide, but only 33.3% diffuse. But that's been the case from the outset. It seems like I moved a couple of things but they were very limited parts.

I have only some rather cheap headphones atm so there's too much guessing and supposition.

another 3 iterations of the (11+13+15) cycle in IIA now
prob'ly one more (transitional) and a change in mood/tempo/style

I'm enjoying the new addition. The cymbal parts sound great with the sparser arrangement

Good work :)

thx
Last edited by jancivil on Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Last edited by jancivil on Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nope

Return to “Music Cafe”