Frequency masking plugin?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi All

Is there a plugin that is stripped down just basically low CPU to put on all tracks and see what is frequency masking? I dont click with fabfilter pro-q v3 and I like to use a range of EQ and sometimes stock daw EQ8, so was thinking perhaps there is a masking function out there as a simple lightweight plugin?
Presets for u-he Diva -> http://swanaudio.co.uk/

Yes, Mmultianalyzer does it, and it features a nice "collision" option, so you can dial the right settings to get a good view of the frequency asking occuring.

I'd better click with Pro-Q3 :D Not only is its masking feature inbuild (no need to setup anything) but you can also directly eq them with the collision spectrum in the background. This is a real workflow improvement because you probably have to go back and forth many times.

At the more affordable end of the market I believe people do something similar with DDMF IIEQ ?

Very tempted by that Melda analyser though.

I have both (ddmf iieq and melda mmultianalyzer). In the end, i tend to prefer Melda, as you can see more easily the frequency masking (with a regular eq, you tend to always have frequencies displayed all over the whole frequency range).
Also, I like the fact that Melda is not an eq, so it can be useful when using multiband plugins, compressors, mixing groups, etc.

ff pro q3, 2nd sense audio mixing analyzer shows even a list of frequency ranges that clash, voxengo span can show collision too iirc, iz neutron for sure

RobinWood wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:45 pmvoxengo span can show collision too iirc
Really ? The free version, or the "+" version ?
RobinWood wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:45 pmiz neutron for sure
Not the Elements version, afaik.

sinkmusic wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:35 pm I have both (ddmf iieq and melda mmultianalyzer). In the end, i tend to prefer Melda, as you can see more easily the frequency masking (with a regular eq, you tend to always have frequencies displayed all over the whole frequency range).
Also, I like the fact that Melda is not an eq, so it can be useful when using multiband plugins, compressors, mixing groups, etc.
Irritating feature in the method Melda (kind of analyzers) use, is that you have to install the plugin to every track you will see the frequency spectrum. I’ve always wondered, why not just route those channnels to one analyzer.

sinkmusic wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 3:35 pm Yes, Mmultianalyzer does it, and it features a nice "collision" option, so you can dial the right settings to get a good view of the frequency asking occuring.
great call thanks
Presets for u-he Diva -> http://swanaudio.co.uk/

Return to “Effects”