N.I. Straylight...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I like a happy medium between having a good start and creating extensive sound design. I also tend to wonder about whether or not 'I only ever start from init', let alone needing to load your own wavetables in Massive X or waves for this is just posturing for the internet.

"cinematic tool kit' too often represents taking someone else's sound design uber alles rather than getting your hands in the clay, OTOH.
I'd demo this and see how much control I'd have versus other things, but at this point I suspect more than usual.

chk071 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 10:48 pm
I'm sure it'll sell like hot cakes. I mean... for the professional crowd. Not the hobbyist complainers.
Oh yeah, I am sure Hans Zimmer will use a plugin like this to nail his next big film score :hihi:

emasters wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 7:12 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 4:48 pm
emasters wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 3:57 pmI purchased it
How is it?
Still working through it, but so far really interesting sounds and lot's of mangling possibilities. On my screen, the orange/yellow ui is a bit tough on the eyes. But that's a secondary consideration. Need to spend some more time with it at this point.
Maybe when you are more familiar, you'll be able to assign enough midi control to leave the gui in the background :tu:

Neon Breath wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 7:59 pm
I'm sure it'll sell like hot cakes. I mean... for the professional crowd. Not the hobbyist complainers.
Oh yeah, I am sure Hans Zimmer will use a plugin like this to nail his next big film score :hihi:
On the other hand, Hans Zimmer pays people to do the sound design for him. So, in fact, he might even buy and use this, yeah. :) I'm sure there are enough TV series, TV ad, video game score composers, and others, which you could tag "professional" who will get a lot of use from products like this.

chk071 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 8:12 pm
On the other hand, Hans Zimmer pays people to do the sound design for him. So, in fact, he might even buy and use this, yeah. :) I'm sure there are enough TV series, TV ad, video game score composers, and others, which you could tag "professional" who will get a lot of use from products like this.
So quick jobs, not impossible indeed.

I'd guesstimate the ratio of A List Hollywood composers to professional composers in film/tv/games around the world is 1:1000.

Some people here really do seem to have a problem with the proposition here - achieve some results particularly suited to some specific media genres quickly. If you have the time and budget to create your own new sonic universe in your productions, then that's fantastic. If - and this is probably more likely - you have to turn round a genre piece in a few hours, Straylight might come in handy. C'est la vie.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Who is Hans Zimmer and does he use Ableton?

No, he uses Cubase. Because it sounds the best to him.

No joke. ;)

I can’t say I would even give it a second look or demo it since Omnisphere and the bitwig sampler are all I need for granular. However I’ll probably own it with some future version of komplete so at that point I’ll give it a go in Maschine/komplete kontrol. The one benefit I see of these NI things with a stripped down front end is that will be quick to load and tweak with NI hardware. Nothing that would justify a purchase for me but like I said I’ll have it eventually.

noiseboyuk wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 10:11 pm
I'd guesstimate the ratio of A List Hollywood composers to professional composers in film/tv/games around the world is 1:1000.

Some people here really do seem to have a problem with the proposition here - achieve some results particularly suited to some specific media genres quickly. If you have the time and budget to create your own new sonic universe in your productions, then that's fantastic. If - and this is probably more likely - you have to turn round a genre piece in a few hours, Straylight might come in handy. C'est la vie.
I'd agree with this.

It's not the tool, it's the result that leaves me cold. So, no big deal; I move on, everyone's happy.

Pardon me for expressing my opinion on it.

Music in film and t.v has never been more sonically diverse and exciting than now,

I am surprised at some of the responses here on KVR.

Just for once why don’t we curb all the infighting and just appreciate the massive choice of instrument creations and hardware we have right now.

Frankly we’re ALL bloody spoilt beyond belief.

This is the type of thing that ends up finally getting included in a version of Komplete that I own and I play with it for 7 minutes and say, “cool” and then never touch again.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Proxima4 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 5:25 pm Music in film and t.v has never been more sonically diverse and exciting than now,

Just for once why don’t we curb all the infighting and just appreciate the massive choice of instrument creations and hardware we have right now.

Clap cheer.

It'll never catch on, mind.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Proxima4 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 5:25 pm Music in film and t.v has never been more sonically diverse and exciting than now,

Funnily, I think it's totally the opposite as all the big Hollywood soundtracks sound all the same with generic risers and reserved hits and are all interchangeable.

I do agree on all the crazy tools available though, we're spoiled on that side.

yehboy1 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 10:17 pm Who is Hans Zimmer and does he use Ableton?
:)

Return to “Instruments”