Anyone using Breaktweaker and Stutter Edit?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hope it's okay to tag on here:
Anyone having problems w/PB package?
Authorization failing for me - bad serial numbers!
:dog: :help:

Perhaps server(s) issue. All better few hours later...
Last edited by NTO on Sun May 26, 2019 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Guys, I just learned that Izotope offers two free preset packs right on their page :o :party:

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/cre ... d-ons.html
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Sucks the sale ends 1 day before my payday. Can't help but wonder why companies do that.

you see more than a bar because this allows you to stretch notes past the end of that bar, it seems quite obvious to me. again, there's no scrolling in breaktweaker, you click once to access bar 1 and 2, like every other drum sequencer. no "bad design" there.

Distorted Horizon wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 4:41 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 3:25 pm Stutter edit is fun and unique.
Except that it's a copy of SB Artillery II
W

What about NI's The Finger? Pretty similar IMHO, no?
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:50 am
Distorted Horizon wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 4:41 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 3:25 pm Stutter edit is fun and unique.
Except that it's a copy of SB Artillery II
W

What about NI's The Finger? Pretty similar IMHO, no?
Finger again is similar in that you trigger effects from the keyboard, but it actually reorders the effects based on the order they are triggered, so it's also unique and it's own flavor of effects.

Stutteredit is amazing and a classic. But Breaktweaker, hmh, I never got warm with it.

This thread made me dig up both stutter edit and BT, SE was fine but when I ran BT, wow CPU went from 15% to 60%!!!!

Is anyone able to to get Stutter Edit to work as a midi controlled fx instrument on High Sierra? It shows up as an effect, but doesn't exist to control through midi. I've searched the web and have seen a lot of similar unsolved issues with SE on High Sierra that remain unsolved. Anybody else on HS experience this?

acYm wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 9:14 pm you see more than a bar because this allows you to stretch notes past the end of that bar, it seems quite obvious to me. again, there's no scrolling in breaktweaker, you click once to access bar 1 and 2, like every other drum sequencer. no "bad design" there.
Doesn't it have six bars on the screen concurrently and the other two need to be scrolled to? IMO that is a pretty strange design decision. Other drum sequencers e.g. Geist manage to have an even multiple of four beats/divisions on the screen at once.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

what do you mean by "scrolling"? it's one click, literally. optionally if you want to scroll the pane left and right for whatever reason that's also a thing but, typically, it's one click, like every other sequencer.
as to why you can see 6 beats, should I try to explain that again in simpler terms? with some images, maybe? good lord.
Last edited by acYm on Tue May 28, 2019 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

I have Stutter Edit and I've never used it.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

All these cooperations with BT (iZotope, Spitfire) seem to be under a kind of spell...
Big Hooray in the beginning and then ... stagnation.

Sad but true.

Purchased Stutter Edit 24/07/2012 via Cakewalk ''Deal'' for Rapture and Z3TA+ 2 customers

SubTotal: Obscene amount of money spent. I'm too embarrassed to say how much.

What a waste. Maybe I should give it another look.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Instruments”