vurt - horror geet crush (dark ambient guitar piece)[actually rather bloody good as well]{do not miss!}

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

horror geet crush.

toonertik wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:00 pm has the Prism into the world of reflected coloured sounds.
indeed i do, here, the intro, relentless loop and outro are all courtesy of the qubit prism.
tagging from elsewhere, got that from you as well :P

actual chain : guitar, platform{ehx}, canyon{ehx} to modular...
morphagene: erbe verb : out to prism and also mixer.
prism to mixer also.
out as one mono.
in to lyra8fx from soma _-out to stereo.

every sound you hear is guitar :)
method.
morphagene, record a couple mins of me in dm, (then let morphagene doi its thing)
catch simple loop in prism.
turn down morphagene.
close prism filter to silence... [ish...}

then begin.

I'm cooking now... will check later.
will we soon be calling you donkey tagger... :P

enjoy your food :)

This sounds great! Almost has a Blade Runner vibe.
Image Image Image Image

sprnva wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:36 pm This sounds great! Almost has a Blade Runner vibe.
thanks 8)
you also played a part here, wouldn't have the lyra without your recommendation :tu:

Nice to see it's pulling it's weight :)
Image Image Image Image

Curious - quite interesting.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

folderol wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:01 pm Curious - quite interesting.
aha... this didnee fly over your head like rachmiel's then... :lol:
:wink:
Ok..
vurt...

yeah... wow... wow...
you gotta tell more how you did it...
1: did you play gtr throughout... or just use that loop and abuse it with such care.. (mutually exclusive or can it be done ? )
2:
3:
4:
A master of FX .. truly, a master. As I listened to this my thoughts were along the lines of how are you driving these devices. Coaxing the sounds from within...
And boy did it take me back to when I worked in studios and building FX for radio/tv commercials and video .. back then (1970's/80s) we never had the kit like today... but I loved tape and cutting it and... blah blah... ;)

The best thing that has happened (musically/sound wise ) in years has been the adventure into modular and joining with guys like you... ;)

I've downloaded so will take a few more listens.

Thanx.

(Vader voice) Impressive.
Music can no longer soothe the worried thoughts of monarchs; it can only tell you when it's time to buy margarine or copulate. -xoxos
Discontinue use if rash or irritation develops.

a fevered dream that left my head all large and muzzy ...
relentless ...
inevitable really ...

Very nice,floating through space. Sounds are lovely with great placement. Thoroughly enjoyed this cinematic journey.
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

sprnva wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:02 pm Nice to see it's pulling it's weight :)
yep, definitely a keeper!
must email them actually, just to say thanks and im enjoying their toy :D

curiouser and curiouser!

thanks 8)

toonertik wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:34 pm
aha... this didnee fly over your head like rachmiel's then... :lol:
:wink:
Ok..
vurt...

yeah... wow... wow...
you gotta tell more how you did it...
1: did you play gtr throughout... or just use that loop and abuse it with such care.. (mutually exclusive or can it be done ? )
in this instance i did just let that single loop play.
i could do the guitar throughout, but its sound on sound so records over previous takes, meaning it will eventually erase everything if left long enough.
still cool of course, just a different vibe as you would hear the "dry" guitar (well with dirt and delay, but premorphing)

A master of FX .. truly, a master. As I listened to this my thoughts were along the lines of how are you driving these devices. Coaxing the sounds from within...
mostly its the morphagene, changing start points and grain speed at odd intervals. keeps it moving a little, but as theyre sequenced it does cycle too :hihi:
And boy did it take me back to when I worked in studios and building FX for radio/tv commercials and video .. back then (1970's/80s) we never had the kit like today... but I loved tape and cutting it and... blah blah... ;)
when i was a teenager, i accidentally got in to tape editing.
had left hi speed dub on and recorded a vinyl, was like :o when i heard it playback, so got in to recording odd moments from records at hi speed and slowed down.
had no idea at this time such a thing had been done before, or that there where the correct tools for such a thing.
so i start slicing tdk 90s and sellotaping them back together, playing them once while recording them, repeat ...

then my uncle found me in my shed doing some cutting one day, suggested a 2inch reel to reel :lol:
wish i still had that, it was fun 8)
The best thing that has happened (musically/sound wise ) in years has been the adventure into modular and joining with guys like you... ;)
glad to hear its making you happy :D
I've downloaded so will take a few more listens.

Thanx.
thanks to you for listening :)
and for spending my money :lol:

ccDuckett wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:58 pm (Vader voice) Impressive.
:scared: :party:

you can definitely come again, star wars references are always appreciated here :D

Return to “Music Cafe”