3 new free plugins: Diskpiano, Little Roady and Padspheres (macOS/Win)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've recently released 3 new plugins that are available as VST/VST3/AU plugin instruments (macOS/Win). They are made in Maize Sampler.

Diskpiano

A little piano rompler based on a public domain Yamaha Disklavier sample set.

Audio (Chopin Nocturne):

https://soundcloud.com/user-652958409/diskpiano

Download: https://www.laptopmusician.net/2019/06/ ... piano.html

Little Roadey

A Fender Rhodes "emulation" based on an old physical model project. It sounds pretty good (to me). I added a tremolo and reverb.

Audio:

https://soundcloud.com/user-652958409/little-roadey

Download: https://www.laptopmusician.net/2019/06/ ... oadey.html

Padspheres

A small collection of 25 seamlessly looped pads and atmospheres. Very space and psychedelic, alien at times.

Audio:

https://soundcloud.com/user-652958409/padspheres

Download: https://www.laptopmusician.net/2019/06/ ... heres.html

All the download are direct. The plugins are provided as is, but I'm open to suggestions.

Fantastic! Thanks very much for these. :)

EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Hi Laptopmusician,

thanks a lot for this ! Especially for the padspheres, really sounds good.

I love easy to use and simple instruments that just do ONE task. But as you are open to suggestions, what would be really great (but I have no clue if even possible in maize and if how much effort this would be) if you have two layers with this sounds to mix and so can make your own sounds. 25 soundsources would be enough and not much more needed then volume for each or fader between them and a pan.

Generally architecture might be useful for the other instruments but escpecially for this pad/athmosphere thingy.

tatanka wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:27 am Hi Laptopmusician,

I love easy to use and simple instruments that just do ONE task. But as you are open to suggestions, what would be really great (but I have no clue if even possible in maize and if how much effort this would be) if you have two layers with this sounds to mix and so can make your own sounds. 25 soundsources would be enough and not much more needed then volume for each or fader between them and a pan.

Generally architecture might be useful for the other instruments but escpecially for this pad/athmosphere thingy.
I second this.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Great atmospheric sounds with Padspheres. Switching patches doe snot interrupt the decay of the sound that was already playing, that's great. I haven't checked it, will it accept MIDI program changes ?

Little Roady sounds also very good. Expressive.

On the other hand, Diskpiano has a terrible latency which makes it unplayable on the system I use.

By the way, with the caveat regarding Diskpiano, works great in Xubuntu 18.04 LTS using Bitwig for Linux.

Cheers.

mevla wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:12 pm On the other hand, Diskpiano has a terrible latency which makes it unplayable on the system I use.
Thank you for the feedback! I know about the latency in Diskpiano, it's in the original samples provided by little-scale. I thought about removing the little silence at the beginning of each note, but when I did some test with the silence removed it sounded different and I preferred the character of the samples with the long attack. I thought it sounded more alive.

If you want, I could easily provide a version with the samples trimmed so the piano will sound tighter. This is something I can do fairly quickly.

tatanka wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:27 am Hi Laptopmusician,

It's possible but then the plugin would have a lot more knobs and it would lose its minimalistic look.

But I thought about it when I developed the plugin and decided to make it as simple as possible so if people want to mix and match sounds, they can load multiple instance of the plugin and have far more control anyways. The plugin is so light on the cpu that I don't think it would be problematic to anyone.

In any case, I'll keep your suggestion in mind for my upcoming free plugins.

LaptopMusicianBlog wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:15 am If you want, I could easily provide a version with the samples trimmed so the piano will sound tighter. This is something I can do fairly quickly.
Thanks for the offer, but only if you want to offer it to everyone. Just for me is not worth it.

Cheers.

mevla wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:16 pm
LaptopMusicianBlog wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:15 am If you want, I could easily provide a version with the samples trimmed so the piano will sound tighter. This is something I can do fairly quickly.
Thanks for the offer, but only if you want to offer it to everyone. Just for me is not worth it.

Cheers.
Oh yeah sure, it will be for everyone of course. Expect it somewhere next week.

The Diskpiano plugin with a tighter sound (no slow attack) is now available as an alternate version. The downloads have been added below the standard version. It different enough that I think both are usable side by side.

Hi!

Do you have any plans to build Linux version? I see that you use that OS too :)

Return to “Instruments”