Frank Arnold - Playground Of Illusion (Concept)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm working on a concept for a new track. The interesting thing here is that I used the Mellotron from Arturia for an accordion sound. I'm a trained accordion player myself, but haven't had the instrument in my hands for a while... just to explain why I've picked an accordion sound :D

The other sounds are from the usual synth. Nord Lead 2x, U-He Pro-5, Synthmaster One etc. DAW is still Cubase.

Have a nice Whitsun and greetings from Berlin!

https://soundcloud.com/52degree/avc7-playground

My Feedback

Music - 9
Instruments - 9.5
Performance - 9.5
Mix - 10

Overall - 9.5

Comments: So this is just a concept? Sounds better than a lot of finished tracks. I'm sure whatever you do with it will only make it better. But where's the accordion? LOL.

wagtunes wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:21 pm My Feedback

Music - 9
Instruments - 9.5
Performance - 9.5
Mix - 10

Overall - 9.5

Comments: So this is just a concept? Sounds better than a lot of finished tracks. I'm sure whatever you do with it will only make it better. But where's the accordion? LOL.
Thanks Steven!
Yes, it started with testing the Arturia V Collection 7 and the Mellotron. It wasn't supposed to be a finished track, so it was more of a "concept". But maybe I should move the track to the "Work In Progress" folder and finish it :P

Yes, it flows quite nicely and has a nice balance. Sort of a lush, ambient and light dance feel to it. I could imagine this possibly being used with visuals. But you said it’s still in the concept stage so this could end up a somewhat different piece of music.

I could hear the accordion coming in. I know the accordion is quite a popular instrument in Europe and it’s music can be quite demanding for the accordionist.

fastlanephil wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:46 pm Yes, it flows quite nicely and has a nice balance. Sort of a lush, ambient and light dance feel to it. I could imagine this possibly being used with visuals. But you said it’s still in the concept stage so this could end up a somewhat different piece of music.

I could hear the accordion coming in. I know the accordion is quite a popular instrument in Europe and it’s music can be quite demanding for the accordionist.
Thanks for the nice comment!
I got so many positive comments that I don't see the song as a "concept" anymore and it will stay that way.
Yes, accordions are quite popular instruments in Europe. Especially in Russia, France but also in Germany. The sound is rarely used in modern (electronic) music, but as small "sound snippets" it works quite well.

I listened through a page on the Music Tracker and only two tracks stood out - this one and Donkey Tugger's latest.

Very nice arrangement - despite the quite varied sounds, they all complement each other very well.

The track sounds great, I really enjoyed listening to it!

Forgotten wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:28 pm I listened through a page on the Music Tracker and only two tracks stood out - this one and Donkey Tugger's latest.

Very nice arrangement - despite the quite varied sounds, they all complement each other very well.
I didn't even know there were such music tracker sites ;)
Great and thanks!

Audio Voltage wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:07 pm The track sounds great, I really enjoyed listening to it!
Thank you Audio Voltage!

4damind wrote:I didn't even know there were such music tracker sites ;)
This page here:

https://www.kvraudio.com/music.php

Forgotten wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:25 pm
4damind wrote:I didn't even know there were such music tracker sites ;)
This page here:

https://www.kvraudio.com/music.php
Aah, yes :tu:

Sounds like “late night driving music”. I like

radio ready; mastered?

Dillinger wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:50 pm Sounds like “late night driving music”. I like

radio ready; mastered?
Its not finished yet but this uploaded "snapshot" was mastered ;)

Enjoyed the track, very smooth and relaxing tune. Excellent production.

The melody that starts at about 0:55 is really good. Very emotional and memorable, it played in my head for a while after the playback had stopped. If you are planning a longer version of the track, maybe make this part a bit longer, add some development to it?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Thank you!
Yes, this is a good idea. This seems to be a catchy "chorus" and could be a bit longer.

Return to “Music Cafe”