NI Summer of sound has begun

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is probably a bit off-topic, but here goes, hope someone can help:

I just received my Komplete 12 Upgrade code from JRR Shop, and I should have a couple of duplicates such as Reaktor 6 crossgrade, Form and TRK-01.

I have "KOMPLETE 12 Upgrade KSelect" listed on the "My Products" page; does this mean I can initiate license transfers for those in the list that should be bundled inside the KOMPLETE product otherwise? The reason I'm asking is that I'm afraid of accidentally initiating a license transfer for a product (e.g. Reaktor 6) and losing it from my account. What happens if I initiate a license transfer of a product and notice I can't use the duplicate myself, can I just import back the transfer id to my account?

BeeDog... Are you saying you upgraded from Komplete 12 Select to Komplete 12? I’m confused about which product you have.

Maybe that’s not important if I can explain it this way.... Anything duplicated and not required as part of the product you upgraded to from to get Komplete12 can be transferred.

So something like your crossgrade to Reaktor 6, is a duplicate license so long as its not the product you upgraded to K12 from (which I don’t think is even possible). In this case you can transfer freely the “crossgrade to R6” license to another user that’s eligible to crossgrade.

Does that help answer?

telecode wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:30 pm Did anyone order from Time+Space last week ? Did you get your order yet?
Yes, mine arrived safe and sound last Friday.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

BeeDog wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:26 pm This is probably a bit off-topic, but here goes, hope someone can help:

I have "KOMPLETE 12 Upgrade KSelect" listed on the "My Products" page; does this mean I can initiate license transfers for those in the list that should be bundled inside the KOMPLETE product otherwise?
You cannot transfer a product which was used to upgrade /crossgrade to Komplete. So, if you used Reaktor to crossgrade (which was possible until around Komplete 10, whereas now they only allow Kontakt or Komplete Select etc), then you can't transfer it.

Note that even when you've used Kontakt or Reaktor to crossgrade, it may (incorrectly) show as a Komplete Select upgrade when it's not. That's an error on their (Native Instruments) part.

Any individual license not used to upgrade/crossgrade, which is in Komplete, can be transferred. IE, say you owned FM8 before Komplete, you can sell that no problem. It's only if you crossgrade Reaktor/Kontakt/Select to Komplete that you can't transfer them (unless you want to transfer the entire Komplete license too.)

elxsound wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:18 pm BeeDog... Are you saying you upgraded from Komplete 12 Select to Komplete 12? I’m confused about which product you have.

Maybe that’s not important if I can explain it this way.... Anything duplicated and not required as part of the product you upgraded to from to get Komplete12 can be transferred.

So something like your crossgrade to Reaktor 6, is a duplicate license so long as its not the product you upgraded to K12 from (which I don’t think is even possible). In this case you can transfer freely the “crossgrade to R6” license to another user that’s eligible to crossgrade.

Does that help answer?
PAK wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:29 pmYou cannot transfer a product which was used to upgrade /crossgrade to Komplete. So, if you used Reaktor to crossgrade (which was possible until around Komplete 10, whereas now they only allow Kontakt or Komplete Select etc), then you can't transfer it.

Note that even when you've used Kontakt or Reaktor to crossgrade, it may (incorrectly) show as a Komplete Select upgrade when it's not. That's an error on their (Native Instruments) part.

Any individual license not used to upgrade/crossgrade, which is in Komplete, can be transferred. IE, say you owned FM8 before Komplete, you can sell that no problem. It's only if you crossgrade Reaktor/Kontakt/Select to Komplete that you can't transfer them (unless you want to transfer the entire Komplete license too.)
Ah, forgot to mention I upgraded to Komplete 12 Std from Komplete 12 Select, so I didn't use Reaktor 6. I crossgraded to Reaktor 6 from a Reaktor ensemble. Thanks for replying! I guess that if I initiate a transfer of these "extra" licenses but regret it due to reasons, I can just re-import my transfer id or cancel the transferring, correct?

noiseboyuk wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:00 pm
telecode wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:30 pm Did anyone order from Time+Space last week ? Did you get your order yet?
Yes, mine arrived safe and sound last Friday.
Mine has reached my country now and is with customs atm, but glad I got the serial from them before shipping. Fingers crossed for the box! :pray:

Yesterday I received my K12U-CE upgrade from Andertons. I was aware of this store thanks to this forum. Price in Euro was very competitive after paying delivery out of the UK. HDD (1TB) included. I think they are very honest about real stock and realistic (in my case they ended up being very conservative) in their estimations for new stock when they don't have.

One question, could I realistically use my NI 25€ voucher for something worth it?

I used a voucher for the Razor additive Reaktor based synth,
very happy with that, use it along with Prism, which is
part of K12, for unique blends of sound.
Cheers

Super 8, Modular Icons, Crush Pack and Razor are excellent additions to the base Komplete in case you want to use the vouchers, perhaps Traktor DJ Pro too.

BeeDog wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:50 am I crossgraded to Reaktor 6 from a Reaktor ensemble.
Ok. So, if you transfer Reaktor, it means (in theory, and probably in practice) you have to transfer that ensemble with Reaktor.
if I initiate a transfer of these "extra" licenses but regret it due to reasons, I can just re-import my transfer id or cancel the transferring, correct?
You tell NI the email ID that you want to transfer the licenses to. They transfer it. It appears to be a partly manual process, so it can take them a day or two.

Once that's done you can't get them back (unless you control that other email/account you sent them to.. ). I (think) there may also be a time period (after you transfer a license) where it cannot be transferred.

PAK wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:40 am
BeeDog wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:50 am I crossgraded to Reaktor 6 from a Reaktor ensemble.
Ok. So, if you transfer Reaktor, it means (in theory, and probably in practice) you have to transfer that ensemble with Reaktor.
if I initiate a transfer of these "extra" licenses but regret it due to reasons, I can just re-import my transfer id or cancel the transferring, correct?
You tell NI the email ID that you want to transfer the licenses to. They transfer it. It appears to be a partly manual process, so it can take them a day or two.

Once that's done you can't get them back (unless you control that other email/account you sent them to.. ). I (think) there may also be a time period (after you transfer a license) where it cannot be transferred.
Not completely correct. You initiate the transfer and your serials are sitting in transfer. Until you email someone the transfer ID, you can always take them out of transfer and put them back into your own account. I know, I did this recently after having a license sit in transfer for over a year.

Also, you don't have to transfer the thing that you crossgraded from, but, what you are transferring is a crossgrade license. This means that someone else can't use it unless they also have something that can be crossgraded to Reaktor.

ghettosynth wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:47 am Not completely correct. You initiate the transfer and your serials are sitting in transfer. Until you email someone the transfer ID, you can always take them out of transfer and put them back into your own account. I know, I did this recently after having a license sit in transfer for over a year.
Thanks for the correction here. :)
Also, you don't have to transfer the thing that you crossgraded from, but, what you are transferring is a crossgrade license. This means that someone else can't use it unless they also have something that can be crossgraded to Reaktor.
Yes, that's another important clarification - you can also split the licenses and transfer as ensemble and upgrade. Though that would tend to limit the amount of people you could sell to because, as you said, they'd need a qualifying product to use the upgrade.

Received (Time+Space KUCE). With Parcel Force, the last tracking entry I got before delivery was: Loaded to vehicle for delivery - just in case anybody else is getting stuff and maybe expecting updates along the way from the depot etc.
Got me box but before the musiking comes the installing... :hihi:

Thanks a lot PAK and ghettosynth, appreciated! What ghettosynth clarified was my suspicion, but it's great to have it confirmed :)

Contacted NI chat support and got the e-voucher. Unfortunately, no official email or mention about it in account, but anyway, nice to finally have the e-voucher.

Return to “Instruments”