Rob Papen B.I.T Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Guys, are you stuck in your teens? :hihi:

Why all that fixation in the size of your penis?
Fernando (FMR)

What a bunch of bozos. You like to go down on him. It's not the first time... If it was a new synth from NI or u-he all of you "beatz" makers would cum in your pants. beats makers my ass. you can't play a C triad. maybe you bozos need to go and make some beets instead of beats.

alonl6 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:06 pm What a bunch of bozos. You like to go down on him. It's not the first time... If it was a new synth from NI or u-he all of you "beatz" makers would cum in your pants. beats makers my ass. you can't play a C triad. maybe you bozos need to go and make some beets instead of beats.
back in ya box

The preset manager doesn't work in the demo, right?
My first impression was: sounds good but not "more" analog than other synths. Predator in comparison can sound the same IMO. The GUI is quite simple and could have been made more appealing. Unison works well. The sub-oscillator is fixed to -1 octave?
"BIT" has not too many features, but is very easy to use.

fmr wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:39 pm Guys, are you stuck in your teens? :hihi:
preteens :D
listening through some of the sounds, theres some that are really nice, will have to have a play to see if it clicks though :)

alonl6 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:06 pm You like to go down on him.
:scared:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

4damind wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:13 pm ... has not too many features, but is very easy to use.
That goes for the top free vst synths these days. If it does not deliver on some specific area, like close hardware emulations from NI, Uhe and the like, then it is JUST another subtractive modeled synth where tmo you can have your pick for free.
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

4damind wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:13 pm The preset manager doesn't work in the demo, right?
My first impression was: sounds good but not "more" analog than other synths. Predator in comparison can sound the same IMO. The GUI is quite simple and could have been made more appealing. Unison works well. The sub-oscillator is fixed to -1 octave?
"BIT" has not too many features, but is very easy to use.
Yeah, I think Super8 and TAL-Mod are direct (but cheaper) competitors to it.

Sinisterbr wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:29 pm I think Super8 and TAL-Mod are direct (but cheaper) competitors to it.
Exactly, the synth might be not bad at all, but there are too many other synths doing almost exactly the same thing. I guess owning Diva and Dune3 I don't have any reason even to demo it, both cover the same grounds but do much much more.

Generally I feel the softsynth development is now "eitehr... or... " thing, either we have synths with zillions of features and modules, like Zebra, Avenger, Phaseplant, Synthmaster, which tend to sound thin, digital and uninspiring at least unless one spends coutless hours in assigning modulations and finetuning all components of the signal flow, or there are synths that do sound good with minimum effort but have unnecessary limitations of a basic analogue design which IMO doesn't make much sense in a digital world.

I miss more "middle ground" synths based on VA/subtractive design and not trying to do everything but having also the advantages of the digital, like complex waveforms, FM/audio rate mod, vowel and comb filters, full FX rack etc, which wouldn't take forewer to make a good sounding patch. Spire and Dune3 are the best examples of such synths I can think of.

Frankly in 2019 I would rather expect Rob Papen to release something like Albino but with more modern "fat" sound, analogue modelled filters, variety of filters and effects and stuff.
Last edited by recursive one on Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Neither Super-8 nor TAL-MOD have global unison though, which is a big plug in my book. And, Super-8 is limited 8 voices.

As i mentioned, BIT does nothing groundbreaking. I somehow like the character though. It's no super accurate analog model, just a digital synth which sounds fine.

I think Rob actually could make a really good all-rounder synth by combining all features of BIT and Go2 in one plugin. Might be a solid competitor for Spire, Hive and such.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

I expected something with more balls.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

For Explorer 5 owners, it's a nice addition. I like the sound and I like the sound of RP's synths since it has, like someone said before, it's own sound. The default size and buttons are small, but click on the RP logo to get to the rear panel and adjust the size.

recursive one wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:03 pm I think Rob actually could make a really good all-rounder synth by combining all features of BIT and Go2 in one plugin. Might be a solid competitor for Spire, Hive and such.
Yeah. The feature set could definitely be extended. But, i'd say, for $79, it is competetively priced.

Softube just announced their bass only synth, Monoment Bass, for $79 also

Return to “Instruments”