Opening .flp file with another program

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi kvr.

Well I have the problem that has been described before - missing samples. But now it's been taken to a new level.
I had extra folders configured and these samples still couldn't be found.
Samples were loaded in FPC plugin in FL Studio.

I would use notepad to read the location (full path) of each sample, opening .flp in notepad. But now things have changed somehow! Maybe FL Studio 20 doesn't use plain text anymore in flp's, instead these paths are encrypted or in hex format it's not decimal. And I need to read those full paths to .wav.

Edit: no-no, hex is for numbers. Maybe there's another cipher.

Need some program that can open .flp 's or need to tweak notepad to show more?

https://www.image-line.com/support/flst ... _files.htm

If you have set the root of all your HD's as extra folders and flstudio still cannot find them, me thinks the files aren't there anymore. Or they are renamed...

Better in the future export the project zipped, so samples are included.

I don't own flstudio. Could you post an example flp so I can have a look?
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

I had a similar problem to this. My situation was being forced to reformat and reinstall VST plugins which resulted in FL no longer seeing some paths because they had changed or were 'broken'. It would have been ideal for me to be able to see the original path for the plugin at the least if not the name of the preset as well but i have not found a way to access this info. So i think that's gone forever. I would be interested to know if someone knows if this info is accessible in some form. In Reaper it is accessible in its 'media bay' docker. In FL 20 there is also a slight change in that a window pops up at the opening of the file to indicate that there are plugins missing. But there is no other info available i.e. what preset was used etc...

Ask image-line support.

The locations are also changed between FL Studio 12 and FL Studio 20.

Might also be that those extra locations are on a different disk and the file permissions are not correctly set? What happens when you start FL Studio as administrator?

Other then that, there is the tech support forum on the Image-line website.

BertKoor wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:09 am If you have set the root of all your HD's as extra folders and flstudio still cannot find them, me thinks the files aren't there anymore. Or they are renamed...
Despite this, I don't ever delete samples, at least good ones, those were good. Yes it looks like I entered all paths. I'll keep looking.
BertKoor wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:09 am I don't own flstudio. Could you post an example flp so I can have a look?
That I do cannot :uhuhuh: :roll:
inkwarp wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:22 am I had a similar problem to this. My situation was being forced to reformat and reinstall VST plugins which resulted in FL no longer seeing some paths because they had changed or were 'broken'. It would have been ideal for me to be able to see the original path for the plugin at the least if not the name of the preset as well but i have not found a way to access this info. So i think that's gone forever. I would be interested to know if someone knows if this info is accessible in some form.
Have you tried notepad, as I said before? Apart from this, have you ever tried the tool Diagnostics? Go to Help in main FL Studio 20 window, there will be Diagnostics, it's a separate program. But it requires connection. :-?
https://www.image-line.com/support/flst ... lp_support

I'll keep looking for a tool.

Finally I've found a solution to this. I did delete those files, indeed. Doesn't need to only search CTLR+F in an opened notepad, instead have to examine this huge wall of text. After looking enough I found that samples are there, the paths are just written in another way.

No matter which "universal" file viewer you have, or notepad, you can find letters.

A path looked like s a m p l e s / L i v e D r u m S n a r e . w a v - in notepad. Of course this can't be found with CTLR+F if don't know that.
It looked like s.a.m.p.l.e.s./.L.i.v.e.D.r.u.m.S.n.a.r.e.w.a.v - in another uni file viewer.
8)

Try a file viewer with the option to switch to UTF-16, and you can ctrl-f again ;-)
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”