Best sounding modelled guitar amp (with fx)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If you shop around, $550 will get you a
Fender GT40 modeling amp/usb guitar interface
BlueCat Axiom
Amplitube 4 and the Fulltone Collection.

Combined with the effects content of Guitar Rig,
you'd have a great and extremely versatile guitar setup.
The Fender includes 20 amp models and related gear,
including a nice preamp model, handy for use
with software like Axiom/Amplitube.

Axiom defines the depths of useful content and innovation,
and hosts 3rd party vsts

The Fulltone Collection in Amplitube is a great jam combo
with any of the supplied amps.

Guitar Rig effects and interface will always be good,
even as the amp-models themselves fall behind the times.

Axiom has a nice demo, sound fades out for a short time
every so often, no IK hissyfit :wink:

i like how people always assume that gear models in hardware are always better than ones available in VST format.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

I don't like all in the same box stuff in hardware because can't mix n match. I own a Katana 212 amp and there are some good sounds but mix out is mono to computer. I've tried BossGT1000 and took back. I see no advantage whatsoever of hardware. The computer is the hardware.

And to boot I have put this on here before the Fender2 and new British and Engl stuff in A4 is delightful. Sgear is useful at times, Kazrog amps paired WOS is useful in certain amp models. Kuassa Creme, Matchlock and Marshall emulation are good. But I don't use an all in one. NI is old and wasn't being updated so sold it.

Burillo wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:26 am i like how people always assume that gear models in hardware are always better than ones available in VST format.
To be fair, Fractal stuff is fantastic. The creator has said he locks away his algorithms in hardware systems because he’s worried about piracy and knock-offs.

Hardware units can also be more practical, cost-effective, or user-friendly for doing shows vs. setting up a laptop.

But I definitely agree in terms of sound quality. :)

I recently bought Neural DSP's Plini Archetype and Fortin Nameless amps. I finally found something that made me throw my Amplitube 4. I like them even more than Spark but you could try that too.

dblock wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:27 pm I recently bought Neural DSP's Plini Archetype and Fortin Nameless amps. I finally found something that made me throw my Amplitube 4. I like them even more than Spark but you could try that too.
IMO, the Archetype Suite is easily in the top 3 amp sims out right now for overall versatility of tones and ease of use.

All the preamps sound amazing with the controls at noon. :lol:

Different strokes different folks

Tappistry wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:15 pm
dblock wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:27 pm I recently bought Neural DSP's Plini Archetype and Fortin Nameless amps. I finally found something that made me throw my Amplitube 4. I like them even more than Spark but you could try that too.
IMO, the Archetype Suite is easily in the top 3 amp sims out right now for overall versatility of tones and ease of use.

The Nameless one I initially demoed and hated the sound of it because I don't do metal until I saw a video where I can get very good clean classic rock type sounds by reducing the input.
Last edited by dblock on Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

dblock wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:42 am

The Nameless one I initially demoed and hated the sound of it because I don't do metal until I saw a video when I can get very good clean classic rock type sounds by reducing the input.
Yeah if you don't do metal, that one in particular probably isn't going to be your cup of tea.

Check out the classic rock tones you can get with Axiom. You can skip through a bit since it's a tutorial/explanation of how he builds some of the tones of Kiss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj2bAcbZfYQ

Tappistry wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:09 am

The Nameless one I initially demoed and hated the sound of it because I don't do metal until I saw a video when I can get very good clean classic rock type sounds by reducing the input.
Yeah if you don't do metal, that one in particular probably isn't going to be your cup of tea.

Check out the classic rock tones you can get with Axiom. You can skip through a bit since it's a tutorial/explanation of how he builds some of the tones of Kiss.

This is interesting. I saw Axiom once or twice and pretty much blew it off without really looking into it. I Haven't owned Blue Cat stuff or been a fan in years but this thing intrigues me. The sound and gui to me seem like a kind of cross between Guitar Rig and Bias but the ability to use 3rd party software is very cool even though you can do that anyway in your daw but loading my other amps in is definitely fun to look into.

dblock wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:26 am
Tappistry wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:09 am

This is interesting. I saw Axiom once or twice and pretty much blew it off without really looking into it. I Haven't owned Blue Cat stuff or been a fan in years but this thing intrigues me. The sound and gui to me seem like a kind of cross between Guitar Rig and Bias but the ability to use 3rd party software is very cool even though you can do that anyway in your daw but loading my other amps in is definitely fun to look into.
Axiom is a pretty incredible VST. It takes some time to learn, but the Blue Cat forum here is quite helpful with building tones you might be looking to achieve.

Also, your point about the third-party software is true. However, when you consider that you can do this in the standalone app as well, it's a great feature for when you're just jamming.

i've had Blue Cat Destructor for while and JUST went through a Clean Tweed(ish) shootout here.

Blue Cat Destructor nails it - i have Late Replies as well - bummed i didn't grab Axiom during it's release deal.

Kuassa was a surprise with its 3rd gen Matchlock - very nice. great feel.

Neural Archtype, Mercuriall SS-11X, Thermionik - all do an excellent job.

I even dusted off S-Gear - stellar piece of work, even if they are lagging with an update.

i got them all to sound very close with a 112 and 410 cab setup.

Used a Suhr Classic Pro SSS - the hours flew by.

Return to “Effects”