NI Question

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there Still a Way to get directly in touch with support via the phone? I got a few things I need sorted out badly.

PS Anybody need a TRK-01 license for cheap?
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

nvm
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Ah_Dziz wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:23 pm Is there Still a Way to get directly in touch with support via the phone? I got a few things I need sorted out badly.

PS Anybody need a TRK-01 license for cheap?
They have replaced it by chat support.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page to know about the timings:
https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... Activation

They are pretty fast with chat support and I have had a great experience chatting with them for some of my difficulties. The chat window will automatically show up on the bottom of the product pages, support pages, etc. during their chat timings, but probably not on the home page; just click on the top main advert or any product link on the home page to see the chat window.

NI support is terrible, I have had an open support ticket for over a week now when I told NI what the issue is (Bloody Native Access, I hate it- installed KU12 and it de-activated (put in permanent demo) my Reaktor 6 licence!)

No help at all so far (I think they are AI robots, they just repeat back what you say to them!) and all they need to do is look at the licence on the NI Server....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Yeah. There has never been any use in emailing them. I have been answered maybe 1/3 of the tons of times I’ve contacted them since buying Kontakt 1. There used to be a direct line to their LA office for support and they were helpful as can be. I was just wondering if anybody has a contact number for them (LA or Germany or wherever). It’s not listed on the site anymore.

I would like to bug them about a few things, and I feel slightly entitled to do so seeing as I have owned every komplete maschine and every other damn thing they’ve ever made.

I used the chat the other day and it was great. Fixed my relatively simple problem very quickly.

The phone support years ago was also good but apparently that's bern replaced by the chat.

jsp1979 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:07 pm I used the chat the other day and it was great. Fixed my relatively simple problem very quickly.

The phone support years ago was also good but apparently that's bern replaced by the chat.
The modern way seems to favour chat support which in most cases can work very well but when it doesn't there should always be a possibility for phone support.

I messed up an order this week (forgot to enter my eVouchers before paying) and put in a support ticket. They answered within 2 days and refunded the cost of my vouchers. Great support and fairly quick considering how many orders they must have going through this month.

I’ve also used the chat in the last month (when I never received an order) and they sorted me out within 5 mins.

So in my experience there customer support has been pretty good.
Check out my YouTube channel for dose of Acid: https://www.youtube.com/acidalex

Ah_Dziz wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:24 pm Yeah. There has never been any use in emailing them. I have been answered maybe 1/3 of the tons of times I’ve contacted them since buying Kontakt 1.
Just for balance, I've been answered 100% of the occasions I have contacted NI over the last 13 years :tu:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:09 am
Ah_Dziz wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:24 pm Yeah. There has never been any use in emailing them. I have been answered maybe 1/3 of the tons of times I’ve contacted them since buying Kontakt 1.
Just for balance, I've been answered 100% of the occasions I have contacted NI over the last 13 years :tu:
To be fair. I have always been contacted with a “ we got your request and we opened a ticket” email. The vast majority of the time that was the last time I heard anything. The phone thing always worked. I’ll look at their chat mode support.

Ah_Dziz wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:39 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:09 am
To be fair. I have always been contacted with a “ we got your request and we opened a ticket” email. The vast majority of the time that was the last time I heard anything. The phone thing always worked. I’ll look at their chat mode support.
That response is an automated process, and pretty common when contacting any company's support. They did sometimes take a little while to get back. And I'd imagine that at times like these, xmas etc. they might need a little extra prompting if they are a bit late :tu:

I’m happy to give them credit for plenty of things (easy license transfers, awesome products, decent pricing, best sampler platform on earth). Getting back to me via email support has been something they have consistently failed at. That’s why I knew you could call them in LA directly. My last interaction went: email explaining problem in great detail after scouring the internet for answers, a form letter saying “we started a support ticket and we will be in touch, then a month later an email saying “ pthanks for contacting support, please rank our support system. Your ticket is closed”. Nothing else.

My only issue is that I know, personally, people who have all their NI software currently running on their up to date systems. I, on the other hand, have a stack of software that will not authorize and by all accounts should still be working.

I’m still, and will continue to be, a daily user of their products, but even waves will walk you through problems over the phone if you have serious issues.

JJ

But I will add that “further prompting” regardless of the time of year has at the most gotten me a “check out our faqs”.

Return to “Instruments”