What's Your Take On Mellowmuse?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey i just went to their site, this isn't available yet I see?

But i did see VBC for $99 LOL..

I am so glad I am out of the plug in buying world.. life much easier

AC222 wrote:Hi Everybody,

After demoing some of the Mellowmuse plugins, I am pretty floored with the sound. They don't seem to have the harsh edge that a lot of digital plugins do and seem to sound more "3d", smoother, and breathe like hardware versus other digital plugins by some of the big names out there. The compressors and eqs I've tried are lovely as they seem to wrap themselves around the sound source as opposed to sounded like you are just slapping a plugin on top. Not to mention cpu-efficiency and beautiful GUIs. Basically, from what I am hearing so far they are curing my lust for analogue sound in a plugin. I feel like the sound is almost as good or in some cases maybe even better than Nebula's libraries but with the benefit of cpu efficiency and GUI.

The EQ1a and CP1A are terrific and seem to nail that SSl sound and vibe even if they aren't meant to be 1:1 emulations. The compressor is great because it can be transparent but make the sound bigger. Also these plugins don't roll off the low end or pinch the mids like many plugins seem to. The EQ1a just seems really airy and has a bit of an edge like real SSL eqs without sounding harsh?

How come these aren't getting more love? Right now I am preferring these to Waves, Native Instruments, IK, Softube, and a bunch of the smaller developers. The sound quality to me is almost on par with Nebula, which I find amazing. I can't compare UAD but anyways these sound like real hardware to me or at least much more realistic than others.

By the way, I would actually try out the Neve eq and FET type compressor from Mellowmuse but the installers for those two products is just plain not working for me. I would buy these plugins and consider buying one of the whole suites if I could only get all these plugins to work. I e-mailed the developer a few days ago but haven't gotten a response yet. How long does it take to get support when contacting through e-mail? Kind of frustrating. If you have any suggestions of a better way to contact the developer other, please let me know.

Anyways, would love to hear your guys thoughts.

Cheers,
AC

Don't see what more have to offer Uad in terms of quality then those just more interesting models of gear,to me Uad still sounds a bit synthetic comparing to the real machines and i don't believe this will ever change because there are no components :) Nebula sounds a bit more in the ballpark but still it have Nebula sound as well.Ive tried once Mellowmuse plugins they are very good but the developer doesn't attract buyers with sales and etc.

Thanks Theo and lacandon. I didn't know Nebula had a "sound". I thought it was pretty darn close to how hardware sounds, at least eq. Maybe there are some artifacts that I just haven't noticed. Interesting to hear that UAD sounds synthetic in comparison to the hardware. Not exactly something I'd want to pay their absurd prices for. By the way, I never saw anything yet about VMR at $99. Cheapest I saw was a preorder for $149.99.

I have the CP2V compressor and use it all the time, particularly on bass. Haven't tried any of the others really, but I do love that CP2V; lots of colouration; heavy, gloopy compression when you want that kind of thing. In fact it might be gloopiest plugin compressor I have.

TheoM wrote:Hey i just went to their site, this isn't available yet I see?

But i did see VBC for $99 LOL..

I am so glad I am out of the plug in buying world.. life much easier
Out of the plug-in buying world?

What is this heresy?

Seriously, what gives brother theom?

Mellowmuse looks good and sounds good from what I've heard, but I'd say the prices might be kinda high with the likes of DDMF, Klanghelm, etc., especially with no resale.

I guess I'm more of a name brand guy, too.

You've got to be cheap, a known name, or on your way to making one from innovation these days in my book.

I could see using these and some other brands that I don't, though.

There's a lot of competition and I'd like a lot more.

There's always room for "better."

I'm mostly into "collecting" Overtone DSP currently, but that doesn't mean there's not a lot of other good stuff out there.

I can't have and don't really want all of it... "just enough" and a lot of the best will do.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

AC222 wrote:Thanks Theo and lacandon. I didn't know Nebula had a "sound". I thought it was pretty darn close to how hardware sounds, at least eq. Maybe there are some artifacts that I just haven't noticed. Interesting to hear that UAD sounds synthetic in comparison to the hardware. Not exactly something I'd want to pay their absurd prices for. By the way, I never saw anything yet about VMR at $99. Cheapest I saw was a preorder for $149.99.
Yep Nebula is close to the hw but as my experience with it it has its own sound its more liquid i may say then hardware and less punch.Regarding Uad there are few plugins of them of witch i know the hardware and yes they are bit synthetic u can hear its algorithm this is not bad just not the same for me.The most close emulation done till now for me is the LA 2 model don't know what methods they used but in every test with hw boxes sits very much the same or even better then some also it sits very well in a mix.Its very important how it sits in a final mix as if u listen a/b/c/ tests they might go very close but after that in a mix everything is more harsh and sterile or boomy .

hmm, my mellomuse is planting some nice flowers now ... what was the topic about?
"It dreamed itself along"

Bump ... Is Mellowmuse still developing its plugins? The website is active but they haven't updated their plugin versions in years. :?

I don't know but EQ1A is now free!

https://www.mellowmuse.com/EQ1A.html

Havok wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:49 pm I don't know but EQ1A is now free!

Has been for years
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:03 pm
Havok wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:49 pm I don't know but EQ1A is now free!

Has been for years
Just quoting the site

He's been active on facebook posting new GUI designs, sent a message that was seen but ignored.

Sites been inaccessible for the last few days, just saying.
http://www.mellowmuse.com
Currently trying to turn noise into music. :neutral: Is boutique the new old?

It is accessible - there's just some security risk warning because the timestamp of the site is wrong or so...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:16 pm It is accessible - there's just some security risk warning because the timestamp of the site is wrong or so...
Well, for me, it isn't navigable, no access to products.
Maybe unusable would have been a better word.
Fancied a look at their EQ's and comps.
Currently trying to turn noise into music. :neutral: Is boutique the new old?

Return to “Effects”