What could IK's new Musical Breakthrough be?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'll always find ridiculousness ridiculous, the marketing is off the chain (oldest instrument in human history), which is how they roll.
or rock, now

Yet another total game changer, yeah, pass.

Ok, y'all listen up.

Would you rather MODO DRUMS or GUITAR?

Y'all getting drums by the looks of it. Don't like it? Ok, don't buy it.

I'll be replacing all my old drum sounds (years old) if it is MODO DRUMS.
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

benjamind wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:08 am Would you rather MODO DRUMS or GUITAR?
MODO GUMS!

martinjuenke wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:11 am
benjamind wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:08 am Would you rather MODO DRUMS or GUITAR?
MODO GUMS!
That would be really nice...especially on custom Converse Chuck Taylor's All Star 70s...

Anyone want bright blue glow-in-the-dark gum midsoles? Or how about fluoro pink?

Physically modeled drums that you could use as an active retrigger and blend with your acoustic drums and / or standalone would be very welcome. And I don't mind the marketing. In this day and age we can download the software and try it on for size before you buy. If it isn't for you than you pass after having taken it for a long test drive. A little buzz doesn't bother me a bit.

Oldest instruments in human history?

My vote would be for resonant rocks.

Which would imply that rock music has been around since the dawn of time... :lol:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

benjamind wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:08 am I'll be replacing all my old drum sounds (years old) if it is MODO DRUMS.
Don't you want to know more about it and hear it for yourself before making that decision?

MODO Bass is excellent, but we don't know if this is a drum kit, hand drums, or what. Nor have we heard anything other than some orchestral sounding drums in a video. If it is drums, does this even do cymbals? Rooms and microphones modeled? Is this like a modeled BFD I can use for realistic drum kits in my songs or is it something else entirely? I'll temper my excitement until I know more and can demo it.

And for those that just cannot wait, you can get this for $20.

https://sonivoxmi.com/products/details/atsia-percussion

Or for $15 at Plugin Boutique https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... Percussion
Windows 10 and too many plugins

i really hope it's not SampleTank 4 drums multisamples...
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

I remember hearing that IK had filed patents for bass, drums and guitars. I would have thought the guitars would come along first given that the string physical modeling should be closer to the bass modeling. But I guess not since the sound in the teaser was percussive. I'm not hopeful that it is Modo though. I have a feeling it's some Sampetank thing. I think they would make a bigger fuss and buildup for Modo drums. But who knows!

11 years in the making...that is the hint.

Back when MODO BASS was being released the preview video said "8 years in the making".

So I think it's an addition to the MODO line.

benjamind wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:20 am
martinjuenke wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:11 am
MODO GUMS!
That would be really nice...especially on custom Converse Chuck Taylor's All Star 70s...

Anyone want bright blue glow-in-the-dark gum midsoles? Or how about fluoro pink?
How about MODO Drugs!

benjamind wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:04 pm 11 years in the making...that is the hint.

Back when MODO BASS was being released the preview video said "8 years in the making".

So I think it's an addition to the MODO line.
Hey good point! Yeah I guess MODO Drums make the most sense then. It also makes sense the the iK rep around here said not to expect MODO guitars too soon (or rather implied that), probably because teh drums are the next release.

Another hint is they just released a hardware drum machine hybrid.

Yeah, seems it's drums. Still waiting on guitars, but if the drums are good enough, I'll consider purchasing.

Return to “Instruments”