Budget samplers

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

simmo75 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:06 am
discoDSP wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:59 am Ok guys, stop harassing me or I will take legal action. Period.
You seem to be bringing it on yourself mate. I'd bow out now and keep some dignity.
I agree. This is absolutely no way to run a business, completely unprofessional. Putting the commercial considerations to one side briefly, on a personal level, one human being to another, if you are going through some shit right now (no judgement if you are), which could well explain some of your recent behaviour, then I think you ought to keep off KVR for the time being and seek professional counsel to help you get through whatever it may be.
Always Read the Manual!

AnX wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:03 am
discoDSP wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:59 am Ok guys, stop harassing me or I will take legal action. Period.
do it

and here's a tampon for your period

*the moment when you surprise laugh so hard that stuff just comes out of your nose*

Jwpar22 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:44 am Hi all. I'm looking for a sampler plugin, nothing fancy but something that isn't expensive.
the cheapest one is the one in your DAW :)

FL has quite powerful samplers, especialy good is granulizer as it also offers granular synthesis on top of that various modulation options.

In general FL has few samplers:
Sampler
Granulizer
DirectWave
FPC
Wavetraveller

https://www.image-line.com/support/flst ... ulizer.htm

Damn.. I've totally missed that Granulizer in FLS..

how do you know he uses FL?

AnX wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:54 am how do you know he uses FL?
I dont, nor i asume he uses fl. Read what i wrote.
the cheapest one is the one in your DAW :)
What was after, just in case he uses FL a suggestion from another FL User (in case)...

When a question like "I'm looking for a sampler" gets tossed out here, without explaining what it's to be used for, it usually attracts a lot of different answers without taking into account the use case.

"Sampler" is a broad category. From the full blown sampler/romplers like Kontakt and Halion, which include access to very large and expensive factory or 3rd party sampled instrument libraries, down to the basic integrated samplers in some DAWs like Simpler in Live, or SampleOne in Studio One.

Sometimes a simple one is best for somebody looking to just slice up a sample and play it back, or to do live sample recording.

Other sampler types are dedicated to playing back percussion samples with a MIDI pad or keyboard controller. This type is best for making beats MPC style.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Andywanders wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:41 am This isn't expensive... It's FREE..!

https://www.tx16wx.com/

It's at version 3 now, but personally I prefer the 2.4 version.
Thanks Andy! I have everything and it's mother, but this looks really good. I've been looking for a nice little "sampling buddy" to use sometimes instead of lugging out Halion 6, Kontakt 6 etc... and I think this might be it. The feature-set is amazing for the price, and I also love the fact that it's modeled after an old school sampler. I heard about it a while ago but I haven't checked it out lately.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

If you don't mind the samplers being a little unconventional, Glitchmachines seems to have regular $5-10 sales on Polygon and Cataract at various retailers... probably the main samplers I use outside of Kontakt.

Return to “Instruments”