What could IK's new Musical Breakthrough be?

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
Ben H
KVRAF
2086 posts since 28 Jul, 2003

Post Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:26 pm

benjamind wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:04 pm
11 years in the making...that is the hint.

Back when MODO BASS was being released the preview video said "8 years in the making".

So I think it's an addition to the MODO line.
Didn't they also use "12 years in the making" in their marketing for Sampletank 4 ? or 3 ?
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

benjamind
KVRian
1112 posts since 4 Aug, 2004 from Ain't tellin' ya...

Re: What could IK's new Musical Breakthrough be?

Post Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:46 pm

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:15 pm
benjamind wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:04 pm
11 years in the making...that is the hint.

Back when MODO BASS was being released the preview video said "8 years in the making".

So I think it's an addition to the MODO line.
Hey good point! Yeah I guess MODO Drums make the most sense then. It also makes sense the the iK rep around here said not to expect MODO guitars too soon (or rather implied that), probably because teh drums are the next release.
I don't think IK implied anything of that nature, save to say that they didn't have any information about any additions to the MODO line.

That meant either the drums or the guitars.

Obviously the guitars will come next. Maybe this is all planned in such a way that the guitars will be the final instalment in the line and will complete the series.

Unless they have something else planned which we are unaware of.

But the guitars will come. I'm thinking later this year or next year. The reason is because most of the work has probably already been done because the basses have been released since 2016.
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

User avatar
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF
6429 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Re: What could IK's new Musical Breakthrough be?

Post Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:18 am

Since we just hired this new guy in the gifs below...
Local Man wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:27 pm
How about MODO Drugs!
Image

And while we're on a Breaking Bad roll...
Echoes in the Attic wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:15 pm
Hey good point! Yeah I guess MODO Drums make the most sense then. It also makes sense the the iK rep around here said not to expect MODO guitars too soon (or rather implied that), probably because teh drums are the next release.
Image
UNO Synth tutorial videos
Follow IK on Facebook for flash giveaways, exclusives, and more.
Don't need to come out of the woods when everybody knows what's best :)

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
47032 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: What could IK's new Musical Breakthrough be?

Post Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:37 am

maybe they've found the "lost note, between e and f" :-o

User avatar
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF
6429 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Re: What could IK's new Musical Breakthrough be?

Post Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:43 am

vurt wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:37 am
maybe they've found the "lost note, between e and f" :-o
Or the "brown note"
UNO Synth tutorial videos
Follow IK on Facebook for flash giveaways, exclusives, and more.
Don't need to come out of the woods when everybody knows what's best :)

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
47032 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: What could IK's new Musical Breakthrough be?

Post Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:44 am

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:43 am
vurt wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:37 am
maybe they've found the "lost note, between e and f" :-o
Or the "brown note"
pfft ive had that covered for years, so youll be hearing from my lawyer if it is!

User avatar
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF
6429 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Re: What could IK's new Musical Breakthrough be?

Post Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:47 am

vurt wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:44 am
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:43 am
vurt wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:37 am
maybe they've found the "lost note, between e and f" :-o
Or the "brown note"
pfft ive had that covered for years, so youll be hearing from my lawyer if it is!
I'm not sure if just s***ting yourself whilst playing a note counts, though.
UNO Synth tutorial videos
Follow IK on Facebook for flash giveaways, exclusives, and more.
Don't need to come out of the woods when everybody knows what's best :)

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
47032 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: What could IK's new Musical Breakthrough be?

Post Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:49 am

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:47 am
vurt wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:44 am
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:43 am
vurt wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:37 am
maybe they've found the "lost note, between e and f" :-o
Or the "brown note"
pfft ive had that covered for years, so youll be hearing from my lawyer if it is!
I'm not sure if just s***ting yourself whilst playing a note counts, though.
are you sure? even if it happens every time?

User avatar
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF
6429 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Re: What could IK's new Musical Breakthrough be?

Post Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:51 am

vurt wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:49 am
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:47 am
vurt wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:44 am
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:43 am
vurt wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:37 am
maybe they've found the "lost note, between e and f" :-o
Or the "brown note"
pfft ive had that covered for years, so youll be hearing from my lawyer if it is!
I'm not sure if just s***ting yourself whilst playing a note counts, though.
are you sure? even if it happens every time?
Great, now we'll need doctors and lawyers involved.
UNO Synth tutorial videos
Follow IK on Facebook for flash giveaways, exclusives, and more.
Don't need to come out of the woods when everybody knows what's best :)

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
47032 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: What could IK's new Musical Breakthrough be?

Post Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:52 am

:lol:


User avatar
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF
6429 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Re: What could IK's new Musical Breakthrough be?

Post Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:01 am

I was expecting Saul, was still happy with the results :)
UNO Synth tutorial videos
Follow IK on Facebook for flash giveaways, exclusives, and more.
Don't need to come out of the woods when everybody knows what's best :)

medienhexer
KVRian
805 posts since 16 May, 2007 from At home. Good bye city ways!

Re: What could IK's new Musical Breakthrough be?

Post Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:04 am

For anybody who hasn't found the brown note, yet:

https://www.amazon.com/Yerba-Prima-Psyl ... 01EBBRTI4/
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

User avatar
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF
6429 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Re: What could IK's new Musical Breakthrough be?

Post Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:48 am

wagtunes wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:58 am
You know, with all this IK bashing, MODO bass is now the only electric bass I use for rock tracks. I don't even consider using anything else.

YMMV of course.
Thanks for the kind words. Glad it works well for you.
UNO Synth tutorial videos
Follow IK on Facebook for flash giveaways, exclusives, and more.
Don't need to come out of the woods when everybody knows what's best :)

soulata
KVRAF
2571 posts since 6 Dec, 2002 from Ljubljana/ Slovenia

Re: What could IK's new Musical Breakthrough be?

Post Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:58 am

If it's MODO Drums, Machine has modelled (I think) kick and snare in Machine since 2.5 or so. So this is not exactly a novel idea.

Depends on how far they went with it but I honestly don't think it's going to be much better or different than the samples I already have and use.

k

Return to “Instruments”