Kuassa Amplifikation 2 CM?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone know if this is a 'simple' update to the previous version (64 bit?) with no major changes to the sound or is it built on their newer DSP code (generation 3?)

Thanks.

I think they would market this fact better (that they upgrade older plugins to new DSP code). But I don't know, sorry.

judgin by the GUI, i think it is based off Vermillion, which isn't "generation 3".
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

The old version was certainly a cut down Vermillion and sounded rather good imo. I had a quick look in the mag lunchtime (in a shop, didn't buy it...) and it said something about a 'rounder tone' so maybe they've at least tweaked the code. I'll grab a copy soon, worth it just for the 64 bit/vst3 update.

Hi guys, It based on Vermilion, with more format support: VST, VST3, AU, AAX, Standalone 32/64 bit.

Sound wise: It is revised compared to the old CM. This one is taken from Vermilion.
The old CM built was before Vermilion, so there's slight different.

Cheers,
Dimi :phones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV2HkEHKJu4

Thanks for clarifying Dimi.

Sorry for the misinformation, I'd swear someone in CM once said v1 was a cutdown Vermillion... maybe the writer was confused by the GUI like me. :)

GaryG wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:24 pm Thanks for clarifying Dimi.

Sorry for the misinformation, I'd swear someone in CM once said v1 was a cutdown Vermillion... maybe the writer was confused by the GUI like me. :)
No need to sorry :) Glad to chime in and clarify some information!

I picked CM up today and have just had a brief session with this plug, very nice indeed. Definitely sounds better then v1 (from memory), just more real and solid. I think this will be my go to Fender-ish ampsim from now on, especially when I'm testing homemade pedals and need some clarity too.

Thanks.

GaryG wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:33 pm I picked CM up today and have just had a brief session with this plug, very nice indeed. Definitely sounds better then v1 (from memory), just more real and solid. I think this will be my go to Fender-ish ampsim from now on, especially when I'm testing homemade pedals and need some clarity too.

Thanks.
if you want "Fender-ish ampsim", try Kuassa Matchlock.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

I should stress I'm a casual guitarist at best and even then tend to bury it in effects so not sure if I'd reap the benefits of matchlock (definitely no tone fiend) though will try it out for sure, thanks. Having said that, I do appreciate the core sound of A2CM , I'd put it above all the other free/cheap sins I've tried (Inc Guitar Rig).

Return to “Effects”