Omnisphere Oscillator->Filter Routing

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Guys,

Quick question about Omnisphere (2), is there anyway to route both oscillators to one filter? I've quickly tried adding a filter in the effects rack and modulating the cutoff with an envelope, but its not the same.

At the end of a patch, sometimes you want to add a little noise, and I don't see the point of adding another oscillator and then copying the filter settings.

I know about the "Master Filter", but not being able to choose the filter, makes it only viable as an EQing filter.

Thanks in advanced!

No this isn't possible. I wrote spectrasonics with the same complaint for v1 but they said to use the layer link.

Or like you said use a filter effect. When you say it's not the same, you mean the sound?

Yeah the sound, i'm gonna keep playing with it

Seems kind of odd though. Most synth architecture do wave combining of sorts into parallel or single filters. If Omni could do different combinations of cross modulation, sync, fm between the oscillator it would be crazy.

I think this is the one thing that stops Omni from being my 'one' synth.

Same applies to Trillian too, they give you so many great sounding waveforms and filters and yet you have to use them 'raw' and can't really combine and send them to a single filter.

Monib

The only conventional filter that is per osc and also available as an effect is the "power filter" which is the Imposcar filter licensed from GForce iirc. So only patches that use the power filter would work and most likely why it doesn't sound the same to you.

A possible workaround way to add noise apart from a distortion module or one of the noise impulses in InnerSpace is to go to the waveshaper module and click to place it post-filter.

If you want to try InnerSpace the Vinyl category and Processed category are options.

My guess is this will be a feature when they fully unlock Omni as a "real" sampler -- probably v5 -- after all of the speciality libraries are done (keys, guitar, drums) and an additive engine is added -- the product roadmap, IMHO, over the next several versions is to create something like a cross between the best Rompler combined with a V-Synth on steroids.

Until then though...

Yeah, I have a V-Synth as well, and that thing is crazy. I enjoy playing with it more than Omnisphere.

Still hoping I click with Omnisphere. Thanks for the feedback. Cheers!

I know this is a three year old thread, but I've always wanted to do this, too. I finally figured out how. It's so simple. Under Master tab, choose shared instead of normal and the everything goes thru filter, FX, and Amp A. Maybe it's new, maybe it's always been there. Who knows.

https://support.spectrasonics.net/manua ... signalpath

jeffb01 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:51 pm I know this is a three year old thread, but I've always wanted to do this, too. I finally figured out how. It's so simple. Under Master tab, choose shared instead of normal and the everything goes thru filter, FX, and Amp A. Maybe it's new, maybe it's always been there. Who knows.

https://support.spectrasonics.net/manua ... signalpath
It's new as of 2.5 and the hardware integration. Came at the same time as the increase to 4 layers.

Ahh. Cool. Thanks. I should use this synth more...

Return to “Instruments”