Some spiritual sounds - Would love some feedback

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello all!

So I just released a new single and I would love to hear how it translates to you all...

https://soundcloud.com/val-verrel/light ... by-wakeful

Really well done! I remember liking your last track. Great sound and structure with the message of course. Another pleasant surprise after a couple of bowls :ud: . Was that all and only you doing vocals? Sounds really nice to me. So thanks again for the change of flavor.
Reverbnation
see ya 'round...

Liked it!
1:20-1:47 that drop was a few bars too long for me.
Good to hear a song in this genre with a good message, instead of drugs and sex centered!

My Feedback

Music - 7
Instruments - 8.5
Performance - 8.5
Mix - 6

Overall - 7.5

Comments: I had my monitors turned down about 20% and it's still too loud. Wow! Other than that, not my thing musically but competently done for what it is. But really, gotta turn that mix down a LOT.

wagtunes wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:44 pm gotta turn that mix down a LOT.
I found your leader misleading as I thought you meant something New Age or Ambient instead of Hip Hop.

Overall the Tone is nice and also I am happy that it isn't all about how you are more dope than every other MF but Wag's right. This comes in at probably 12db above a commercial vinyl record I was listening to. Fix this and you are doing pretty well.

:-)

Morgaxx wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:35 pm Really well done! I remember liking your last track. Great sound and structure with the message of course. Another pleasant surprise after a couple of bowls :ud: . Was that all and only you doing vocals? Sounds really nice to me. So thanks again for the change of flavor.
Thanks for the feedback! I'm really glad you enjoyed it! I'm doing all the vocals up until 1:47 thought I'd try something a bit experimental. I'm thankful there are people like you who can appreciate this. Will continue to bring you more flavours for after your bowls! :hihi:

Bansaw wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:42 pm Liked it!
1:20-1:47 that drop was a few bars too long for me.
Good to hear a song in this genre with a good message, instead of drugs and sex centered!
Thanks for the constructive feedback!

I enjoyed this one. The structure was quite interesting. The section beginning 1:46 (with the guest vox - Cloude Atlas?) works very well and provides a great contrast to your intro/outro. The atmosphere is great - chilled, trippy, and an almost Jazzy vibe in places.

Good work :)

Excellent on the low end its well controlled. Overall it’s radio ready but’s it’s too loud and also the mix feels a bit congested I think for my taste I would Eq the vocal a bit more on the airy side to contrast the low end.
Check out some of my latest mixes and remixes:https://soundcloud.com/thinkmusic007

Return to “Music Cafe”