guitar tuning minor 7 bar chord oddity

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I discovered something and I am not sure if this is a system limitation of the linnstrument.

If I play a minor 7 as a bar chord ( Em7 as you would on the highest four strings ) I cannot get all four notes to sound at one time. ( behaviour is the same for that shape no matter which rows I play). To clarify if I play four notes in one column not all will sound only 3 will sound. E7, or Ema7 etc fine

I have changed the midi channel/ mode settings and tried all combos without success.

I can play four notes in a row and all will sound.

TIA

rafe
macbook pro 2.4 c2duo, 4 g ram, 10.11.6/2x quad 2.8 xeon ghz 10.7.8 / 18g ram/cubase 6.53, 4.5.2, sx3.1.944, logic 8/ fface 800, mtp av,zebra 2.2/5,, NI komplete 8, waves v9 CLA classic compressers, SCC, yam fs1r, ex5, Linstrument

This is normal, here is the section on sensor limitations from the Linnstrument web site:

Sensor Limitations:

> Only one touch is permitted within each note pad.
> If 3 note pads are pressed that are 3 corners of a rectangle, presses to a note pad that is the 4th corner of that rectangle will be ignored.
> No more than 3 note pads are permitted in the same vertical column. Pressing a 4th note pad in the same column will be ignored.
> Y-axis (forward-backward) movement is limited to the 17 mm vertical dimension of each note pad. Sliding your finger vertically across rows will result in a new note when the touch enters the next vertical note pad.
> Maximum simultaneous touches: about 50.
> Minimum distance between any 2 touches: 5 mm, but the 2 touches must be in 2 adjacent note pads.
Bitwig, against the constitution.

I overlooked that section of the documentation during my recent studies. You jogged my memory, as I think back now, I recall reading that early on when I was considering the purchase.

Thanks so much

rafe
macbook pro 2.4 c2duo, 4 g ram, 10.11.6/2x quad 2.8 xeon ghz 10.7.8 / 18g ram/cubase 6.53, 4.5.2, sx3.1.944, logic 8/ fface 800, mtp av,zebra 2.2/5,, NI komplete 8, waves v9 CLA classic compressers, SCC, yam fs1r, ex5, Linstrument

No problems, it caught me out as well when I hit a similar issue.
Bitwig, against the constitution.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”