discoDSP Synths

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Stop the harassment and get a life. It's pending.

What about my suggestion George , you up for it?

You could even get your deputy to accidently post the thread in all forums so you get an extra bit of publicity.

discoDSP wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:42 am Stop the harassment and get a life. It's pending.
Not interested in answering to what I just wrote? :roll:

George, you have changed the terms of service unilaterally.
Worse yet, your system is not working properly. If the year has not passed, and a subscription is required during the download.

I wrote in support of FastSpring (Why should I pay for version 6.8.1&). They replied that it was not their problem.
FastSpring did not process this purchase.
And this is not an isolated problem, there are already two examples. And instead of finding the error and correcting it with all clients at once, you say that we have attacked you. But I don’t care, I will not buy anything from you anymore and I will not write anything else.

discoDSP wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:23 am
If you have a ISSUE just frigging CONTACT ME -> contactus@discodsp.com and I WILL SORT YOUR ISSUE. Bringing THE BEST customer support for THE BEST plugins like I have ALWAYS BEEN DOING.

Hope this moronic thread gets locked for God's sake...
:lol:

The feedback you've been getting from your customers of late suggests that you could do well to look closely at the quality of the "customer service" that you have actually been delivering :wink:

Your arrogance is quite outstanding and it's not gaining you a great deal of respect right now :!:

Are you on drugs ? :lol: :party:
No auto tune...

discoDSP wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:23 am Guys... seriously. Bullshit of some people here is raising to spectacular levels.

WTF are you saying about terms have changed? What kind of non sense is that?

You purchased a license to USE THE SOFTWARE. The INSTALLER DOWNLOADS were offered for FREE as COURTESY. THERE IS NOTHING CHANGED REGARDING THE TERMS.

Now you want to get your forgotten download right? Pay for it. It's actually CHEAPER TO PAY CLOUD SERVICE BECAUSE IT COVERS DOWNLOADS AND UPDATES FOR ALL YOUR LINKED PRODUCTS.

If you have a ISSUE just frigging CONTACT ME -> contactus@discodsp.com and I WILL SORT YOUR ISSUE. Bringing THE BEST customer support for THE BEST plugins like I have ALWAYS BEEN DOING.

First learn to inform your customers properly via email like every responsible developer do. In which world a change from free user asccount to a paying cloud subscription isn't a change of terms?

Also "informing" via social media instead of emailing customers is careless and unfair: How can one forget to download something he isn't aware of is beyond me.

With best customer support do you mean your standard advice to contact FastSpring? Very customer friendly.

One good thing this insanity have : I became aware that i don't like to deal with a guy that is acting like you. I'm done with you and your software. No friggin' dollar anymore from me!
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

discoDSP wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:23 am Guys... seriously. Bullshit of some people here is raising to spectacular levels.

WTF are you saying about terms have changed? What kind of non sense is that?

You purchased a license to USE THE SOFTWARE. The INSTALLER DOWNLOADS were offered for FREE as COURTESY. THERE IS NOTHING CHANGED REGARDING THE TERMS.

Now you want to get your forgotten download right? Pay for it. It's actually CHEAPER TO PAY CLOUD SERVICE BECAUSE IT COVERS DOWNLOADS AND UPDATES FOR ALL YOUR LINKED PRODUCTS.

Seeing that there´s probably some 30-50% of your customer base in a forum like this, it may not be too smart to call everyone who disagrees with you basically "not smart enough to see the light", but of course you are free to manage customer communications the way you see fit.

Even if you haven´t promised your customers to be able to download installers forever (many companies even explicitly state: "Please keep installers backed up just in case"), people have come to /expect/ that to be the case. And reasonably so, as a GB of data transfer with AWS costs something like 0,01$.

ALL of the companies I own plugins from (>500 plugins, >300 sample libraries) offer free re-downloading. Some state "5 downloads", and still reset the counter when I tell them I had connection problems, or a failed HD.

What would you do if Microsoft told you "Yeah, you got your Office 365 key now. If you want to download it, though, click here and buy the download for another $29,95, that´s completely separate from the license. Yeah we know the traffic only costs us 0,0025$ but you know, don´t be so moronic, we just like providing the best customer service possible."?

If I were you, I´d probably:
- say "sorry" to everyone who bought his license before, because a "free upgrade" of course includes being able to download it, all else is not only legally dubious but also reflects badly on you;
- introduce this new policy for new customers as an option, for those who don´t want a cloud service, restrict the download number to 5;
- make sure every one of the instruments receives at least one new attractive feature + a new preset set a year, and you´ll further promise you keep the plugins working under new OS releases (sort of equivalent to the Waves update plan).

That´s just some friendly advice by someone not personally involved (as I don´t own any Disco plugins), ymmv.

Not to jump to the defence of this but on looking at the email from my original purchase back in 2012 I found this...
"The URL is valid until 27-NOV-2012.

Please remember to make a backup copy of the software, e.g. on CD. We may
not be able to provide a new copy of the product you purchased free of
charge, if lost"

Sort of suggests George has not actually changed anything, rather, chosen to take advantage of a condition that he previously let go.

I.e. To do something differently than the company did before.

AKA To change.

jacqueslacouth wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:19 am Not to jump to the defence of this but on looking at the email from my original purchase back in 2012 I found this...
"The URL is valid until 27-NOV-2012.

Please remember to make a backup copy of the software, e.g. on CD. We may
not be able to provide a new copy of the product you purchased free of
charge, if lost"

Sort of suggests George has not actually changed anything, rather, chosen to take advantage of a condition that he previously let go.
most companies send a time limited link when you buy software, but you always have free access to it if you need it again.

Is DSP an abbreviation for Death Spiral Plugins ? :wink:
No auto tune...

What a shame, seen DiscoDSP over the years do OK and have a decent amount of respect here, but that's all gone now. Wow, what an attitude.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

discoDSP wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:23 am You purchased a license to USE THE SOFTWARE. The INSTALLER DOWNLOADS were offered for FREE as COURTESY.
I like this logic :) "You paid for using the software, not for downloading it".

It reminds me of some other company who makes samples and other content. They used to post their ads in the soundware section here which were like "super cool samples, free download, here is the link". Then you clicked the link, d/led few gigabytes and saw that the archive was protected by a password. The download also contained a text file saying "in order to get a password please contact us by e-mail" and when you did so they responded "ok, now send us EUR XX to our paypal and we will send you the password".

Technically they didn't make any false stamenents, they didn't say "free samples", they said "samples, free download". :D But for some reason my impression of that company is not very good, I never purchased that sample pack and I skipped all their further announcements (they now have my e-mail which they spam from multiple accounts btw).

I remember Disco DSP introduced a paid upgrade to some minor Discovery Pro update and removed the downloads of the previous versions (i think their removed it almost immediately, should they have offered a reasonably long grace period it might have been a different story). Luckily I have the backup so I lost nothing except for the good impression of Disco DSP I used to have. I still use Discovery every now and then but I'm not sure I'll ever upgrade it or buy anything else from them. They make fine stuff bit nothing groundbreaking or irreplaceable imo and I don't like this additude "well, let's think how else we may squeeze another EUR 29 from our customers".

I don't think Disco DSP ever did anything shady or illegal, but the way they handle it just doesn't create a very good impression of them.

And that other company at least offered free downloads :D
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

I don't like this spammer from DiscoDSP. As far as I know, the guy is just advertising and trying to sell the crap that others have developed.
Whatever... after my tests the plugins have a rather simple quality, nothing I would use in 2019 and nothing for professional use.

Everyone take a deep breath and love your "enemy".
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

Return to “Instruments”