Arturia Pigments on sale!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zerocrossing wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:35 pm it just seems odd because I don’t see much about the factory patches that would suggest high CPU needs.
hmmm. I just know the usual suspects: Unison and Reverb...

zerocrossing wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:35 pm I bought Pigments a while ago and it sounded good to me. It still does, but as I was going through the presets, I noticed that most of them cause CPU crackle, even though the CPU doesn’t seem to be spiking. I don’t remember noticing this during my demo.. but maybe I was mostly making my own patches... it just seems odd because I don’t see much about the factory patches that would suggest high CPU needs.
No crackles here.

jeffb01 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:21 am
zerocrossing wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:35 pm it just seems odd because I don’t see much about the factory patches that would suggest high CPU needs.
hmmm. I just know the usual suspects: Unison and Reverb...
Yeah, killing those helps, but I’m just not used to a plugin that causes this behavior with pretty modest settings. For instance, Dune 3, with the highest quality modulation settings turned on, doesn’t give me this problem at all with similar patches. I see in the CPU use meter in Bitwig that it’s spiking all over the place when I’m running Pigments.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Pigments should really have been the name for the Albino successor.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:25 pm Pigments should really have been the name for the Albino successor.
:lol:

What about Blue?
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:45 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:25 pm Pigments should really have been the name for the Albino successor.
:lol:

What about Blue?
Ah, maybe! Mind blown if so.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

^ Awesome sounds indeed! :tu:

Return to “Instruments”