Atonement - Native Instruments "Noire" Felt Demo

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
ninvoid
KVRist
68 posts since 15 May, 2016

Post Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:36 am

Hi guys! I recently took some time to test the new Native Instruments "Noire" piano, based on Nils Frahm's concert grand and I'm really loving its tone and playability (it's already one of my fav piano libs!). I ended up composing a minimalist piano piece using the felt Noire (which I much prefer over the pure version), based on some melodies that I had improvised while playing it. As I saw that many people already highlighted the "particles engine" included (which a really cool feature), I decided not to use it on this demo and instead showcase more the piano sound itself. Any feedback you can give is, of course, very much appreciated. Cheers! :-)

UPDATE - I have now produced an "Ambient Mix" of the track with heavy processing of the piano and a few electronic and organic sounds to accompany it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CesQY9-7qnQ

This is the original solo piano version with Noire's sound nearly untouched:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-nVNogsLR8
Last edited by ninvoid on Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

biodiode
KVRian
514 posts since 23 Sep, 2003 from UK

Re: Atonement - Native Instruments "Noire" Felt Demo

Post Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:18 pm

Thanks for sharing this piece, which demonstrates Noire quite well. The only little minor niggle I would say is that the velocity is quite constant throughout this piece. That aside I enjoyed this minimalist piece.
Check out more of my work at https://www.biodiode.com where you will find tips, tricks on the blog and more of my compositions.

wagtunes
KVRAF
16119 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Post Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:24 pm

My Feedback

Music - 8
Instruments - 5
Performance - 8
Mix - 6

Overall - 6.75

Comments: I have a lot of NI stuff but next to Pianoteq, that piano sounds awful. Doesn't help that it sounds like it wasn't EQ'd or anything because the low end is muddy as hell. I don't think this is in K11 so it must be in K12 or soon to be. Musically, it's pleasant enough but the piano does it no justice.

ninvoid
KVRist

Post Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:02 am

biodiode wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:18 pm
Thanks for sharing this piece, which demonstrates Noire quite well. The only little minor niggle I would say is that the velocity is quite constant throughout this piece. That aside I enjoyed this minimalist piece.

Thanks for the feedback and kind words! I do agree that the track would have benefited from more dynamics, it's also a result of me not being a skilled keyboard player at all... :hihi: Will definitely try to improve that in the future. Cheers!

ninvoid
KVRist

Post Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:04 am

wagtunes wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:24 pm
My Feedback

Music - 8
Instruments - 5
Performance - 8
Mix - 6

Overall - 6.75

Comments: I have a lot of NI stuff but next to Pianoteq, that piano sounds awful. Doesn't help that it sounds like it wasn't EQ'd or anything because the low end is muddy as hell. I don't think this is in K11 so it must be in K12 or soon to be. Musically, it's pleasant enough but the piano does it no justice.
Thank you for the feedback! I really didn't use too much EQ, as I didn't want to deviate too much from the "out of the box" sound of the lib. I'm currently making an alternative ambient mix for this track in which the piano will be much more processed. I'll make sure to post it here when it's finished and I hope you'll like that version more. Cheers!

ninvoid
KVRist

Post Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:04 am

UPDATE - I have now produced an "Ambient Mix" of the track with heavy processing of the piano and a few electronic and organic sounds to accompany it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CesQY9-7qnQ

Feedback is still appreciated! :)

Return to “Music Cafe”