Push 2 Questions

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
rob_lee
KVRAF
7617 posts since 16 Oct, 2006 from North East UK

Post Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:32 am

Hey all,

There's a couple of questions I have about Push 2. Tonight I finally got to plug the hardware in and have a play, it's great how Live instantly recognises Push 2 yay! However I have 2 questions so far baring in mind I've only had Push 2 switched on an hour or so.

1 - How do I delete clips from the Push 2 hardware?
2 - How do I map 3rd party plugin parameters from within the Push 2 hardware? (so far no joy on this unless I press the mouse and configure from Live)

Both above questions are being asked because I really don't want to use the mouse so please tell me the above can be done from within the hardware :o :lol:

I'll spend a few more hours messing about, so far this is a lovely looking bit of gear but pleeeeeeese tell me I don't have to use a mouse and keyboard lol

Rob

rob_lee
KVRAF

Re: Push 2 Questions

Post Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:37 am

update.. sussed out question 1

Hold down active clip pad on Push 2 and delete :D

BDeep
KVRAF
2725 posts since 13 Feb, 2012 from Amsterdam

Post Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:15 pm

Unfortunately, you can’t map parameters from Push itself. However, you only have to do this once for each of your plugins from within Live. After you configured them, just right click in the menu bar of the device window, and click “save as default”

As an aside, there is an option to auto map parameters in Live, but it doesn’t really work well because most have so many that it’s of little use. I would recommend assigning them once by hand anyway, so that your most used ones are the first 8, corresponding with the first bank on your Push.

rob_lee
KVRAF

Post Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:51 am

BDeep wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:15 pm
Unfortunately, you can’t map parameters from Push itself. However, you only have to do this once for each of your plugins from within Live. After you configured them, just right click in the menu bar of the device window, and click “save as default”

As an aside, there is an option to auto map parameters in Live, but it doesn’t really work well because most have so many that it’s of little use. I would recommend assigning them once by hand anyway, so that your most used ones are the first 8, corresponding with the first bank on your Push.

Thanks for that mate, I'm loving Live and Push :tu:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”