VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

> Purchase update... complete.
> Download... complete.
> Install... complete.
> Boot Logic 10.4.4....................
.................... auvaltool quit unexpectedly
while using the HoRNetSongKeyMK3 plug-in.
ERROR.

> Bootstrap Plugin-manager... complete.
> grep songkey
HornetSongKeyMK3: not authorized !

>auval HornetSongKeyMK3
auvaltool quit unexpectedly while using the HoRNetSongKeyMK3 plug-in.

Hornet -> do you want my auval crashlog? :dog:

plexuss wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 2:39 am > Purchase update... complete.
> Download... complete.
> Install... complete.
> Boot Logic 10.4.4....................
.................... auvaltool quit unexpectedly
while using the HoRNetSongKeyMK3 plug-in.
ERROR.

> Bootstrap Plugin-manager... complete.
> grep songkey
HornetSongKeyMK3: not authorized !

>auval HornetSongKeyMK3
auvaltool quit unexpectedly while using the HoRNetSongKeyMK3 plug-in.

yes the complete crash log would be helpful :) also are you referring to the last 3.0.1 version?

Saverio

HoRNet wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 2:36 pm
plexuss wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 2:39 am [snip my idiocy]

yes the complete crash log would be helpful :) also are you referring to the last 3.0.1 version?
Yes, 3.01. I will email the log to you. :phones:

Previous version was unusable due to 100% CPU.
V 3.01 uses about 85% CPU which makes it almost usable briefly.

Same problem I have with AutoGain Pro Mk2, except that is always 100% CPU and unusable.

Studio One 3.5. Ryzen 7 1700, Win 10 pro

For the record, I don't have this problem with any other plugin. Free, paid, Waves, you name it. At least 300 plugins in my library from 20+ developers. The worst offenders are free saturation plugins running on high precision using about 30% CPU. For contrast, a day-to-day plugin I consider CPU intensive is Scheps Omni at around 5%. Also TDR Nova is around 5%. Most reverbs for me are in the 5 - 10%.

One more thing, I also use TrackUtility MK2 regularly and AFAIK no problems with that one.

(I want to use the plugins and I'll hold out until this is fixed).

Ok that's really strange because on my i5 it uses no more of 3% cpu so it's definitely something weird, could you please let me know your buffer size so i can try to replicate it?
Are you working at 44100, 48000 or 96000?

Lol 3 dollars to upgrade

Yes please. Thanks hornet

HoRNet wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:18 am Ok that's really strange because on my i5 it uses no more of 3% cpu so it's definitely something weird, could you please let me know your buffer size so i can try to replicate it?
AutoGain Pro Mk2 and SongKey Mk3 at any resolution, from 44.1k /16bits and anything higher. Usually at buffer 512 but tested 1024 still same problem. If I lower to 256 it gets way worse.

More details: SongKey Mk3 just being dropped onto the project uses 40% of the CPU. Without any tracks, no music at all, not even pressing play on empty tracks. Just sitting there with an empty session it uses 40% of the CPU at 44.1k /16bits, and more if I raise the session specs. Same with AutoGain Pro Mk2 except that goes to 100% CPU with an empty session.

SongKey Mk2 doesn't have that problem. About 4% CPU. TrackUtility Mk 2 uses about 2% on an empty session.

no brainer tool/price but website has multiple bugs and it is impossible to login and make a purchase

jochicago wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:33 am
HoRNet wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:18 am Ok that's really strange because on my i5 it uses no more of 3% cpu so it's definitely something weird, could you please let me know your buffer size so i can try to replicate it?
AutoGain Pro Mk2 and SongKey Mk3 at any resolution, from 44.1k /16bits and anything higher. Usually at buffer 512 but tested 1024 still same problem. If I lower to 256 it gets way worse.

More details: SongKey Mk3 just being dropped onto the project uses 40% of the CPU. Without any tracks, no music at all, not even pressing play on empty tracks. Just sitting there with an empty session it uses 40% of the CPU at 44.1k /16bits, and more if I raise the session specs. Same with AutoGain Pro Mk2 except that goes to 100% CPU with an empty session.

SongKey Mk2 doesn't have that problem. About 4% CPU. TrackUtility Mk 2 uses about 2% on an empty session.
Just a question does this happens with open GUI or also if the GUI is closed?
If we want to dig deeper maybe it's better to open a support ticket on our system unless we want to transform this thread in a support thread :D

Saverio

Same performance with or without the GUI. If you want to follow up or want me to test anything feel free to send me a private message.

Mine loads and runs. (In Reaper)
BPM detector doesn't seem to work.
Always a few beats out.
Have raised a ticket.
Happy to see they have money back guarantee :))

Love AutoGain Pro .....

frackermak wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:19 pm Mine loads and runs. (In Reaper)
Always a few beats out.
Have raised a ticket.
Beat detection works best with very strong percussive stuff, we are working on an improved version though that will be available next month probably :)

Saverio

HoRNet wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:48 am
frackermak wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:19 pm Mine loads and runs. (In Reaper)
Always a few beats out.
Have raised a ticket.
Beat detection works best with very strong percussive stuff, we are working on an improved version though that will be available next month probably :)

Saverio

thanks for the reply
unfortunately the track I was remixing did not have a strong percussive beat..
will wait for the update, hopefully will get better :tu:
cheers

I'm thinking about buying this handy tool. The price is a no brainer, but I keep reading that it takes a lot of CPU power and is not usable at low buffer rates? Also, I read from another user that it doesn't work well in Cubase.

Can anyone comment on these issues? Does it work efficiently or not? Have these bugs (I regard them as such) been fixed by now?

Return to “Effects”