32(bit)Forever :)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Some interesting facts about "1-Bit Music" Projects, yep, you've heard right, One-BIT Music only (lol) ->
https://www.ludomusicology.org/2018/12/ ... bit-music/

DuX wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:51 pm :lol: I've been a Reaper user since the beginning. v0.9 or so.
I have just had a dig around on an old 2006 CD and found all the Reaper programs back to v0.60.

Clicked - installed - and played the original Reaper theme song.

It detected my USB audio and Nektar P6. :)

As long my DAW loads both, I don‘t care about bits at all. That is how technology should work, hide the technical details - focus on sound...
All that discussion happens solely because technology not only advances but also tends to fail...

DuX wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:51 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:43 pm It seems a bit buggy too. It likes to cash whenever it wants to. But great daw nonetheless.
That's the price for over-development and too many [unnecessary?] features, I guess. Whenever I mention that, I get bashed by the features maniacs at Reaper forum. :roll: Reaper 4 was and is the best Reaper ever. 5 is not that bad, but I am simply afraid of what 6 is going to be like. I think I don't want to know. :lol: I've been a Reaper user since the beginning. v0.9 or so.
Aha. Im kinda new to Reaper. I tried it for the first time last year, deleted it and re-installed it a couple of days ago. Is it still possible to download v4?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Goodness - the Reaper 0.60 I just installed is from February 2006, over 16 years ago !

What happened to all that time !

I think (from memory) the first version came out in November 2005. But in just three months he coded up to version 0.60 with VST support - which I can confirm still works after pointing it to my 32bit folder after I loaded some 32bit VSTs and made a short song.

I'm running reaper fo many years now. In all that time it crashed once during project loading, which came down to a buggy plugin; ArcDev ET301, indeed a 32bit plugin that I was running bridged in Reaper 64bit. Set it to run as a dedicated/separate process and the problem went away. Reaper is incredibly stable by itself.
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

Out of interest, can anyone bridge Firebird into Cubase 9.5 or higher ?
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Cubase 9.5 doesn't have a bit bridge, so, it won't work, unless you use something like jBridge.

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:00 pm i neither understand,nor care about technical specifications about why 64 is better than 32,it's just not fair to all developers of 32 bit synths,their time and devotion to the cause aside that users can't play really useful synths :)Viva :)
as any aspect of tech changes (and improves), it's up to developers to update their software. this is how it's always been. all my plugins are now 64bit (mac os); if something isn't updated (or has been abandoned), you can either: stay with an older OS, keep an older computer to run that, or... find a new plugin, and move forward... or complain (endlessly!) on forums like this. :roll:

i'm not complaining,just don't continue with upgrade of cubase because of it,who is loosing in this case :)

Halonmusic wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:38 pm Aha. Im kinda new to Reaper. I tried it for the first time last year, deleted it and re-installed it a couple of days ago. Is it still possible to download v4?
The 4.x branch is under http://reaper.fm/download-old.php?ver=4x but You can download any version You need from Reaper site - there is a "Jump to: latest 5.x 4.x 3.x 2.x 1.x 0.x" navigation bar.

dellboy wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:11 pm Goodness - the Reaper 0.60 I just installed is from February 2006, over 16 years ago !

Apparently fuzzy maths happened. I make it 2019 now, not 2022... :wink:

I installed Reaper 0.99 some years ago. Most of my VST plugins couldn't be loaded though. I don't think there's much fun to be had with such old Reaper versions.

sjm wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:49 am
dellboy wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:11 pm Goodness - the Reaper 0.60 I just installed is from February 2006, over 16 years ago !

Apparently fuzzy maths happened. I make it 2019 now, not 2022... :wink:
Phew! only 13 years, that's better :tu:

chk071 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:53 am I installed Reaper 0.99 some years ago. Most of my VST plugins couldn't be loaded though. I don't think there's much fun to be had with such old Reaper versions.
Bah - humbug :lol:

Return to “Instruments”