Fragile Gods - "Days Without End"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Frantz wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:02 pm I agree the female vocalist Aika helps a lot since she can actually sing. :)
:lol:

To be honest, I like your voice. The delivery is spot on. And delivery is much more important (IMO) than such niceties as hitting the right note. At least, it's what I tell myself in the absence of actual singing talent.

Not that I'm implying you can't sing. I'm sure you know what I mean :)

This is en excellent work it managed to keep me listening til the end.
Few things tho, the kick needs bit more weight and body plus female vox a bit boxy.

Well done friend.
Check out some of my latest mixes and remixes:https://soundcloud.com/thinkmusic007

fastlanephil wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:25 pm Great song here Franz!

I especially liked the awkward juxtaposition of your tortured vocals and the sensual, siren like female vocals. I think the chorus really nailed this one. Good musical ideas and a solid mix.

It made me think of the B-52s, although quite different in style.
My tortured vocals with sensual, siren female vocals sums it up nicely I think.

I guess if the B-52s morphed into a dark synth band, it would sound something like this.

Thanks for your enthusiastic comments Phil. :)

I'm with Wag, more please.

My greatest advice would be to work pas the fear in your voice. You have a character voice so be proud of it and really let it out instead of having us hear that worry get in the way of the song. Get there and you're 110% better without buying Serum or a new compressinator.

:-)

like the vocals very much. musically: great. enjoyed it!

experimental.crow wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:49 am be difficult to pick apart this one ...
quite well done ...

particularly enjoyed the subtly offset vocal delay ...
Glad you liked it. :) For those plug-in spotters, the vocal delay during the verse is ValhallaDelay and during the chorus I used NI Replika.

And now there is a video for this excerpted from the 1943 experimental silent film "Meshes of the Afternoon."

https://youtu.be/efB3T2IbiyA

Frantz,
Thank you for the review! Now your music: I've listened to a number of songs of yours through the years, and from what I remember, this song has the strongest vocals yet; excellent! From what I remember, you do the male vocals; who does the female vocals? Has she worked with you for long? Instrumentally, it sounds very good also. Sounds very 80's, which is fine by me. Audio quality is very good. Excellent job! :)
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

jackoo wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:28 pm Enjoyed this quite a bit!
Very good production as usual.
Cheers!
Glad that you enjoyed it. Thanks for commenting. :)

sjm wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:50 pm +1 on the two voices complementing each other well. Good song too!
sjm wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:01 pm To be honest, I like your voice. The delivery is spot on. And delivery is much more important (IMO) than such niceties as hitting the right note. At least, it's what I tell myself in the absence of actual singing talent.

Not that I'm implying you can't sing. I'm sure you know what I mean :)
Thank you sjm. I'm glad you like the vocals. I agree on the importance of delivery or character. I think it can be an asset to sound a little different.

BTW, I am also working on an upbeat pop song for Aika to sing solo. It should be an interesting experiment.

markkuja wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:26 pm Nice job. Good song with nightmare mood.
Thank you Markku. I appreciate the listen and comment. :)

dark water wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:05 pm Lovely arrangement and melodies with hints towards Bowie / John Foxx and the Maths.
Distinctive vocal tone and delivery.
Excellent stuff :phones:
I am a fan of both Bowie and John Foxx so I am pleased if this is in that ballpark. Thank you for the listen and comments. :)

"Days without end": I enjoyed your song from start to end. The chorus-vocal-melody is short and stays in one's mind. So your song has this "hit"-character and wouldn't be forgotten immediately.

Also your video: You created a whole story around it - in black-white. What I like most is the end with broken fragments beeing flushed by the waves. :tu:
Last edited by enroe on Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

I like the gravelly voice of the male singer, the backing track might be a little clean, could do with some distortion. Not much, though. Overall a good tune.

EDIT: Oh, that's your voice singing the lead. Ok, yes it's nice. Reminds me of the Covenant guy, who's voice I like. The female voice is a nice touch.
"The Law speaks too softly to be heard amid the din of arms." -- Gaius Marius {Roman consul,soldier}

vurt wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:02 pm very 80s leaning 8)
cant help but imagine you having a supply of dry ice for the studio :hihi:

awesome mix, very clean, easy to hear each element, but all sits together well :tu:
like wags said, do more.
No dry ice for the studio but I did get a brand new ice machine. Great for making iced tea and iced coffee in this hot weather. :)

Thanks for your comments on the mix. I am trying to make more. I work slowly. :)

Return to “Music Cafe”