Alternatives to HDelay (MH Dirty Delay on sale).... any other recommendations?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No-brainer, Nebula by Soundspot is currently £1 at Plugin Boutique, and get
Izotope Neutron Elements for free, as far as I'm aware.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

I just had another look at H-Delay (had it for ages, never really tested it properly (if much at all)) and tbh I wonder a bit why it even exists. Metafilter by far surpasses it in every regard (Yes, that goes for CPU consumption too, but... - and okay, it only has one filter, but that's it).
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

[deleted by user]
Last edited by quietzone on Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

quietzone wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:26 am Just got MH Dirty Delay for free at JRRshop using code FreeDirtyDelay. They're giving it away while supplies last.

Seems like a nice delay.
Just got it. Thanks for the heads up :tu: :party:
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

Sigmund from D16 is the only delay i have found that does m/s.

Oh really? How interesting.

Surprised this one didn't come up:
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/spaces ... al-entropy

H-Delay
This is my go-to. I can get to a tasty delay in seconds. So for me it is a solution to have the most common things you'd want to do right there in the interface, without loading it too much with stuff.

For something more complex, take a look at Delay Studio in Tracktion Essentials:
https://www.tracktion.com/products/daw- ... collection

I've never used it on a track because I'm happy with simpler stuff, but if you want to get fancy designing your delays that's an interesting plugin. You can create multiple reflections and each reflection get its own filters/FX bank including pass filters, pitch transposing and feedback knob.

quietzone wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:26 am Just got MH Dirty Delay for free at JRRshop using code FreeDirtyDelay. They're giving it away while supplies last.
Seems like a nice delay.
:tu: thanks - just picked it up. I missed this bargain even though I am subscribed to the Bargains thread.
Reaper (win), i7-7700k, 16GB

jochicago wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:36 am H-Delay
This is my go-to. I can get to a tasty delay in seconds. So for me it is a solution to have the most common things you'd want to do right there in the interface, without loading it too much with stuff.
It sounds nice, and, the GUI is great as well. The only thing i don't like about it is that it saturates the signal. Whenever you look for a clean sound, which doesn't colour the original signal, H-Delay won't cut it IMO.

It's something i once again didn't read anywhere. Sometimes i'm really wondering about the "audiophile" folks. ;) For a clean, crystal clear delay sound, i don't think anything beats NI Replika.

H-Delay is clean sounding. Sigmund is also clean sounding but far more powerful because of it's like 4 delays in one. Repeater...in my opinion, is probably the best sounding tape delay emulation. Simple but effective. When I say simple...I literally mean, it just does the most basic delays but very smooth and never with any artifacts.

Looking at the MH Dirty demo. Yea...it's totally worth the price. It sounds good and has that integrated eq. It sounds like it's coloring the transients of the delay just a little but though; that might make the delays poke out more than one would expect. That makes me think that I should use it on a send, with an EQ after it. Still, it's really cool for an all-in-one delay plug. A real time saver. I guess I could make something like that plugin with an eq after say, Repeater or Sigmund, on a Send, which has more power and flexibility because I can use a dynamic EQ, but whatever. For the price...I'd totally get it, if I didn't have like 8 delay plugins already.
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

Guys...funny we're talking about Metric Halo's Dirty Delay. It's actually FREE right now at JRRshop? Unbelievable.
Use promo code at checkout: FreeDirtyDelay

It doesn't seem to have any strings attached or expiration date once you activate it. You get the voucher code from JRR upon purchase. Use that code to get your iLok license from Metric Halo. Activate it and it never expires from what I see in my iLok account. Apparently you have to register it within 7 days of the receipt.
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

Mathematics wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:35 am H-Delay is clean sounding.
I wouldn't call it clean with that amount of added saturation.

stillshaded wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:01 pm I like h-delay, it has a nice sound to it. One of the better waves plugins.

That said, I don’t use it too much and here is a free plug-in that I prefer to it. http://www.musicalentropy.com/SpaceshipDelay.html
I agree, I quite like H-Delay too, and it’s 4 different Analog models.

That said, there is always bx_delay. It has a few more options, although that is sonically a bit different. Unfiltered Audio have their Instant Delay, which is simpler but nice sounding. Or they have Sandman that throws on some modulation options. IK have a Tape Delay that I REALLY like the sound of, bit no digital delay like options.

Really for something that sounds like H-Delay, I really just use H-Delay.

I don't like it at all :P . Got it free with a purchase from Audiodeluxe. D16 Repeater is on sale at PB for 15 quid. Much,much better imo. :tu:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

jethrobull wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:53 pm I don't like it at all :P . Got it free with a purchase from Audiodeluxe.
Do you mean the MH Dirty Delay?

Return to “Effects”