Another PA sale (I’m sorry)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Michael L wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:29 pm With the voucher, Metric AB is now at a reasonable price!
I have it. Super recommended.

Besides that, I gave Brainworx Masterdesk a run with no expectations. Surprisingly good, if you're on the fence, it's worth a look.

Besides that, I can't compare SPL transient designer to Native instruments, but from my personal experience, I can say it eats Neutron transient designer for breakfast.
Last edited by nachenko on Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MAN FROM SPACE
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/135uz9UwHtdXZgiFyAc3oz
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/manfromspace

GumRoad (FREE Ableton racks and synth presets): https://gumroad.com/manfromspace

I'm considering the Chandler amp....need to demo, but people seem to have good feedback on it.

I can't decide between the SPL Vitalizer, Bax EQ, bx saturator, Bassdude and Chandler GAV19T ... may have to get them all. :lol:

I was fighting almost to the end of the promotion to not buy anything and I would win but then they put this additional voucher...
Vertigo VSM-3 + Hybrid 2 + DynEQ 2 + BX Meter for £29. I think that it's reasonable prize :D I hope I'll find any use for these plugins.
My alternative option was ACME compressor which have really great character - next time, next time...

I bought SpecOps for $9, I'm in no hurry to even install it, but it looked mildly interesting... I didn't really need, or even want anything from them, but I thought I'd better grab something while the prices are so low... and I bet that's exactly their plan. :hihi:

TD+ is shockingly bad. Try the kilohearts one or Waves Smack Attack.

an-electric-heart wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:57 am I bought SpecOps for $9, I'm in no hurry to even install it, but it looked mildly interesting... I didn't really need, or even want anything from them, but I thought I'd better grab something while the prices are so low... and I bet that's exactly their plan. :hihi:
I just bought it too, like ten minutes ago. Demoed it yesterday, and it's just awesome. Loving it. An absolute no brainer at this price. :party:

pixel85 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:48 pm :D I hope I'll find any use for these plugins.
Their strategy seems to work, to sell something to those who neither need it nor would buy it even if priced reasonably. Feeding the imagination of a value measured in cash is enough. That is why the “official” prices are that high. I bet they almost never sell anything with those price tags...

Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:27 am
pixel85 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:48 pm :D I hope I'll find any use for these plugins.
Their strategy seems to work, to sell something to those who neither need it nor would buy it even if priced reasonably. Feeding the imagination of a value measured in cash is enough. That is why the “official” prices are that high. I bet they almost never sell anything with those price tags...
I know :) Actually I feel sorry for anyone who spent x10 or more than the current 'promo price' even if I believe that some PA plugins are worth much more than promo price.
Fortunately in my case Vertigo plugin found use in restoration of my favorite 80's tracks for my mp3 player ;)

Bouroki wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:32 am TD+ is shockingly bad.
Whaaat? I was going to buy that one... :x

im thinking about getting spl iron comp and the spl passive eq,anyone use these??

e@rs wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:28 am
I tried it on some regular ol' drum loops i.e. nothing too complicated, yet found it to be very poor in its detection and range. Honestly I've come across quite a few bad transient designers, but none were this bad :D Try it side-by-side to the Kilohearts or Waves one and it will be immediately obvious.

e@rs wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:28 am
bah
horse dung

the SPL Transient Designer is one of the best!

^^
&
^
Damn, guys! I feel dizzy now... Unfortunately I already used the TD+ demo a while ago and got no time to request a new trial right now.

Is that elysia nvelope better, Bouroki?

Here is some audio: https://drive.google.com/open?id=15DMi2 ... IcpEJpFUBD

1st test is TD+ with Attack at 3 o'clock and Sustain at 9 o'clock, vs Kilohearts Attack at 50% and Sustain at -50%. Both are running into TDR Limiter 6 (so their built-in limiters/clippers are bypassed).

2nd test is TD+ with Sustain at 3 o'clock vs Kilohearts with Sustain at 50%.

My conclusion is that TD's range is very limited, you have to crank things to near their maximum for any meaningful effect. KH can get pretty crazy pretty quick. In terms of detection, I also don't like how TD detects and grabs the transients & sustain - feels kind of half-assed and it doesn't quite punch you in the face like KH (or Waves Smack Attack which is also really great).

Haven't tried the nvelope sorry.
Last edited by Bouroki on Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”