How much is my bx Console SSL E worth?

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Thavma
KVRist
267 posts since 29 Apr, 2014

Post Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:52 pm

how much is it worthing now? I bought it long ago

Bouroki
KVRist
311 posts since 16 Jun, 2013 from Morocco

Re: How much is my bx Console SSL E worth?

Post Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:20 pm

It's on sale for $49 now. The market price for it if you wanna sell it once the sale is over I'd say is in the range of $50 to $80.

SAW75
KVRian
778 posts since 18 Sep, 2007

Post Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:35 pm

Bouroki wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:20 pm
It's on sale for $49 now. The market price for it if you wanna sell it once the sale is over I'd say is in the range of $50 to $80.
:lol:

It's worth half that. Welcome to PA's world....

Bouroki
KVRist
311 posts since 16 Jun, 2013 from Morocco

Post Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:17 pm

SAW75 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:35 pm
Bouroki wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:20 pm
:lol:

It's worth half that. Welcome to PA's world....
This is just based on how much it's been going for in the marketplace. When not on sale one could still reasonably expect to find a buyer for it in that range.

rageix
KVRist
37 posts since 9 Jun, 2018

Post Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:26 pm

Considering it goes on sale, and currently on sale, for ~$49, and there's a $20 license transfer fee, I would say you could get $20 tops if it's on sale, maybe a bit more if not. Depends how fast you want to move it really.

escalona
KVRist
407 posts since 16 Jan, 2018 from Portland, OR USA

Post Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:46 pm

As things go with PA, nothing is worth more than $29 to me. Clearly, it's just a matter of patience. Wait and you'll get anything for $29 (or less). Used? Just as much as any wave plugin used...

PieBerger
KVRist
347 posts since 23 May, 2012 from London

Post Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:33 pm

About tree fitty
Always Read the Manual!

e@rs
KVRAF
4136 posts since 15 Dec, 2011 from Bucharest, Romania

Post Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:07 am

escalona wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:46 pm
As things go with PA, nothing is worth more than $29 to me. Clearly, it's just a matter of patience. Wait and you'll get anything for $29 (or less). Used? Just as much as any wave plugin used...
:tu:

fmr
KVRAF
8772 posts since 16 Mar, 2003 from Porto - Portugal

Post Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:41 am

It's a good plug-in, IMO. Considering what you may get by selling, I would keep it if I were you.
Fernando (FMR)

shidostrife
KVRian
623 posts since 22 Nov, 2016 from Tokyo, Japan

Post Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:51 am

sold my G for 35 before the current sale. I'd say that's about how much you'll get outside sales. During sales, don't even bother.

Thavma
KVRist
267 posts since 29 Apr, 2014

Post Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:17 pm

definitely much better to keep it than getting 20-30 , I am just a bit concerned about they did all plugins 29$ pff , which is totally good thing for people, but not for those who bought it expensively !

PieBerger
KVRist

Post Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:34 pm

Thavma wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:17 pm
definitely much better to keep it than getting 20-30 , I am just a bit concerned about they did all plugins 29$ pff , which is totally good thing for people, but not for those who bought it expensively !
Lesson learned, never buy PA stuff outside of sales! I only ever buy sale items now with my monthly voucher. Their plugins are worth naff all, so I'm only prepared to pay naff all, unless they change their businews model in favour of more sensible, long term fixed prices. You can't really say that a plugin is worth 349 bucks, when it's regularly on sale for 49 bucks imo. A good indicator of a plugins true worth is how much you can sell it on for on the 2nd market. It comes as no surprise that companies like u-he and ValhallaDSP with long term fixed pricing and who don't have regular sales, that their plugins still go for a decent percentage of the list price!
Always Read the Manual!

Karmoon
KVRer
25 posts since 11 May, 2016 from Spain

Post Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:06 am

PieBerger wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:34 pm
It comes as no surprise that companies like u-he and ValhallaDSP with long term fixed pricing and who don't have regular sales, that their plugins still go for a decent percentage of the list price!
Though this is subjective, I also think that's because of the overall quality of their plugins, too. When I look at just how much I use my U-he plugins, Serum or Valhalla stuff, the results I get from them, and the enjoyment of using them, I feel I am getting value even for the full price.

The Waves and PA model of "it's worth $5000 but now on sale for $29.99" is pathetic.

However, I would like to point out that PA has a much better update and installation policy than Waves. I also think that PA's plugins are, in general, higher quality than waves stuff.

Waves do have some gems, but if feels like too much of a lottery. Their installation and licensing options are too last century for my tastes.

PieBerger
KVRist

Post Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:09 am

Karmoon wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:06 am
PieBerger wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:34 pm
It comes as no surprise that companies like u-he and ValhallaDSP with long term fixed pricing and who don't have regular sales, that their plugins still go for a decent percentage of the list price!
Though this is subjective, I also think that's because of the overall quality of their plugins, too. When I look at just how much I use my U-he plugins, Serum or Valhalla stuff, the results I get from them, and the enjoyment of using them, I feel I am getting value even for the full price.

The Waves and PA model of "it's worth $5000 but now on sale for $29.99" is pathetic.

However, I would like to point out that PA has a much better update and installation policy than Waves. I also think that PA's plugins are, in general, higher quality than waves stuff.

Waves do have some gems, but if feels like too much of a lottery. Their installation and licensing options are too last century for my tastes.
Of course yes, didn't mean to make it out that overall quality wasn't a huge factor in their perceived value :) . PA have some excellent devs on board who pump out great products and I would be happy to pay more for their products, because they would be worth it if they didn't yo-yo around every other week/month!
Always Read the Manual!

blue monk
KVRist
333 posts since 25 Mar, 2008

Post Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:43 am

The thing is: If you have a great plugin 18 months earlier, then you can use it for your productions in those 18 months. Paying extra can be worth it.
How much extra however, that is a different question. If you earn more that 10k a month with music, then paying 5x more than in a sale doesnt matter. But then you would not be here in this forum, I suppose.
I bought some PA plugins for 89 USD in sales because to me personally, having them now instead of a 29 USD sale in 18 months is worth the extra.
For someone else, this may be different. But that is OK. I contributed more to the company because it is worth more to me. I am not annoyed that someone else will, in 18 months, will have paid 60 USD less.

I would feel unhappy having paid 200 USD for something... but that again is relative.
The development has to be financed. People with more money will contribute more and people with less money, who however chose not to use cracked software, can still buy the plugins later. The pricing policy is not that bad from this perspective.

It seems, the transfer fee can be paid with the monthly vouchers that they send to newsletter subscribers (depends on previous spending). So the practical transfer fee can be 0 USD.

All that said, be aware that there is a difference between value and price. Value is the use value. Price is what the market agrees to pay for something. Above, I shared my thoughts on the high undiscounted initial prices for new PA-plugins and the potentially offputting large difference to the sale prices of older PA-plugins. It depends a lot on how much income you get from music production or how enthusiastic you are. I make 0 income from music but in some cases, an initial sales price is worth it to me. I personally would not pay the undiscounted initial prices though. The premium of having it early can be worth it. Obviously, this is all 100% individual and subjective.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”