Relab Sonsig Rev-A Reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:34 pm That gui :scared:
... Has the right amount of ham.

I think the GUI looks great. Great size, clear controls, good layout, I even dig the purple.

SteveWZ wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:20 am
In development of this reverb processor, Relab experts fine tuned their latest algorithms.
It was a tedious process, but end result is nothing short of amazing.
On the other hand, the GUI was probably designed in five minutes and it looks shite.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

SteveWZ wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:20 am
Combining the strengths of various high-end units, like 224XL, QRS etc., modulated by a complete Solina ensemble, results in one of the most complex hybrid structure ever developed.
This is a high claim, but after working with it for some time, it does sound excellent.

Love the GUI and it sounds great :clap:

Reminds me of a couple of Vahalla's dirtier algorithms...which are always my favorite verbs.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:03 pm Can't believe I got this for free for owning their other two verbs. Relab is forever cool in my book. :tu:
Hmmm, I have the VSR S24 + LX480 Complete, but I don't see a free offer or any information in this regard. Is there some special click needed?

Cheers,
LiteOn

LiteOn wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:38 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:03 pm Can't believe I got this for free for owning their other two verbs. Relab is forever cool in my book. :tu:
Hmmm, I have the VSR S24 + LX480 Complete, but I don't see a free offer or any information in this regard. Is there some special click needed?

Cheers,
LiteOn
Be warned: they become a locked bundle if you go that route. So if you want to sell one after the fact, you'll be out of luck. The only options will be: either sell them all, or keep them all.

Great! :tu:

Has this been communicated via a newsletter (because I can't get to this site from their web site)?

Anyway, ordered - waiting for the redeem code.

Thanks heaps again. :) :)

Hi Funkybot,

thanks for the pointer, but it was too late.

Anyway, I have so many reverbs (for whatever reason) that there are still plenty to part with. :D

Seriously, I've waited nearly 10 years before buying the Relab, it was meant to stay.
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:55 pm Be warned: they become a locked bundle if you go that route. So if you want to sell one after the fact, you'll be out of luck. The only options will be: either sell them all, or keep them all.

LiteOn wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:06 pm Hi Funkybot,

thanks for the pointer, but it was too late.

Anyway, I have so many reverbs (for whatever reason) that there are still plenty to part with. :D

Seriously, I've waited nearly 10 years before buying the Relab, it was meant to stay.
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:55 pm Be warned: they become a locked bundle if you go that route. So if you want to sell one after the fact, you'll be out of luck. The only options will be: either sell them all, or keep them all.
:tu:

I wasn't trying to talk you out of it or anything. :lol: I did the same thing and upgraded. They're great verbs!

Those Sonsig Rev-A demos sound very nice.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:12 pm They're great verbs!
Yes, indeed. And one of my rare cases where getting a plugin earlier would have been better. :wink:

Wow, this thing is all kinds of awesome. Much dirtier than i have come to expect from relab. Well, dirty isn't the word...but it has a different vibe for sure.

I low the filter setup. I find that LPF and HPF filters lead me into phase problems when running low pre delay times. The tilt filters are much gentler (whilst giving a ton of control) and i can use quick pre delays and have no phase problems.
At first i was thinking 'what the hell? so few controls?'
But after using it a bit, i can totally see the value in this. It is really quick to dial in...plus, between the three 'modes' and the 3 'character' positions, along with the ensemble - this thing is way more flexible than one would expect from such a limiter control set.
Unexpected and much appreciated.

I only just saw that other reverb that people are talking about - from polyverse...going to have to try that out now.
bit gutted about missing the adaptiverb sale (massive/komplete/ik tapes took my money this month) so i might have to go on a reverb binge to compensate.

We really have had some amazing reverbs over the last couple of years. This is one area i wasn't happy with at all (in terms of my collection) but i am starting to get there. Relab has helped immensely.

Return to “Effects”