One Synth Challenge #125: T-Force Alpha Plus 2 (exponent1 Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Welcome to the One Synth Challenge #125! It's a friendly music competition where you can win cool prizes but most importantly, meet amazing musicians, and learn a lot about mixing, sound design, and more! :)

Submissions:
https://soundcloud.com/kvrosc/sets/one- ... enge-125-t

Final Results:
viewtopic.php?p=7492879#p7492879

Want a chat room with other OSCers? Join our slack here

Updated T-Force Alpha. Better Oscillators, envelopes, GUI. More filter goodness. More effects, better polyphony, and also improved Trance Gate. :party: :party: :party:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYKPUkqWU4c

Prizes:
(Would you like to be a sponsor / prize donor? Contact me via PM or go ahead and post your intended donation here! Get a cool mention on our donator wall of honor)

Special Note:
We are offering a secondary prize (on top of the normal prize): FXB Project, or JRR Shop (Uncle E)
Spotify: If you would like your winning track on spotify, please specify so as well, or you will be contacted by rghvdberg.

KV331 Audio : Bundle of Synthmaster One + Synthmaster 2.x!

Wusik : 1 bundle of Wusik Station V9, Wusik 8008, Wusik SQ200 and Wusik P2000

SoundGym : 6 Month Subscription. (SoundGym is a
"technological, personalized and gamified audio learning environment")

Sonimus : Any one Plugin (This prize may be chosen no more than three times)

JRR Sounds: Any 1 soundset (This is a secondary prize, you may pick it as well as your main prize)

Synthmorph: Any 1 soundset

Audio Thing : Outer Space (vintage tape echo plugin)

NUSofting : 1 Copy of Modelonia v2 Synthesizer

JRR Shop : UVI: Digital Synsations (vintage 90's synth sample library and player)

Dmitry Sches : Tantra Multi-Effect + 3 Expansions

Dmitry Sches : Diversion

Touch The Universe Productions: LuSH-101 Cloud Layers soundset

The FXB Project by alvfaria : 1 commercial sound bank as an extra prize on top of the regular first prize. See the main site here

Guda Audio : Euterpe XL

Abstract Cats Music : AbiTron Bank for Synthmaster

satYatunes : One of any commercial product

Xenos Soundworks : Choice of any 1 product

Ghostwave Audio : Any two soundsets of Choice

Twolegs Toneworks : Any one soundset

The Unfinished : Any two soundsets of Choice

Rob Lee Music : A soundset for either: Sylenth1, Predator, Largo, Blofeld, PPGV3 or Dune. Unfortunately his main site is down, but if you still want these, let us know!

Luftrum : One soundset free of choice.

Kreativ Sound: RAW Bundle
(RAW Bass, RAW Drums, RAW TranSID, RAW Textures)

Aiyn Zahev Sounds: Any 2 Soundsets of choice from the website (Uplifting Trance Presets)

Studio 13.37: Pro audio studio on a USB stick

Pooya Payvar (Stonail) : 1 custom made Max for [Ableton] Live: controller, midi or audio effect

Mulperi : 1 Soundbank of Choice

Dream Audio Tools : 1 Indie Fingers bundle (Indie Fingers volumes One and Two)

Bjulin : Inspire soundset for Zebra²

LeapIntoTheVoid : Enchantment Of Absynth Trilogy

Bluff Munkey - 2 soundsets of choice

Solidtrax : 1 Soundset of choice

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated. :hail: :hail: :hail:

Questions? Comments? Concerns? You want some love? Just post here in this thread :)

Want to try out your skills in other contests / competitions /challenges?
  • DiHalt Demoscene competitions
  • Indaba - Has a mix of popular and indie artists with various contests like remixing and song writing. Some people from OSC have had success here.
  • Mix Challenge - Who can mix a song the best (Without adding extra recordings /musical additions)? Each person starts out with the same stems.
  • Mix Challenge: Song Writing Competition - A thematic monthly competition. Use recording, real instruments, synths and samples.
  • Skio Music Contests - Lots of remixes you can join (Mostly EDM) - big prizes.
  • Soundevotion (SDCOMPO) Competition - Even longer running than the OSC, the SDCOMPO is even more niche in that you must use a tracker, and set of specific effects. Great community.
Last edited by bjporter on Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Seeing as how I just cross-graded to Komplete 12 Ultimate containing dozens of instruments new to me, it seems like it's a now is a good time to learn T Force Alpha Plus 2.

Does anyone know if there is any way to get this synth without a facebook account?

Thanks!

zarf wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:34 pm Does anyone know if there is any way to get this synth without a facebook account?

Thanks!
Just click the download link on the kvr page:
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/t-forc ... ic/details

Genius - thanks Richard

Super straightforward with lots of options. Should be a good one. I'm always surprised what people can do with synthedit. Could've used a ringmod, but I can't complain (that much :)). Envelope slopes and drift options are a nice touch.

Looking forward to this one! Seems fun! :hyper:

Hmmmm...anyone else kind of troubled by the processing hunger of this one, even if you don't play a single note? I'm having this happen right now and it's a little concerning, considering that I have 5 instances, all set to 2 note polyphony and even 0 reserve. Seems to make no difference? :shrug:
....hmmm, hmmm, hmmm... well, let's see how this will unfold! :scared: (Sounds good, tho!)

I can't be totally sure, but I somehow imagine that they didn't do the DENORMAL to ZERO option for the compiler or whatever necessary to avoid those?! :shrug: ... feels like that to me, but it's likely more.

Sadly Version 2 doesn't work, I've loaded version 1 but it won't accept midi from my keyboard.

So
Q1 - can I use version 1
Q2 - has anyone encountered problems? V2 not loading, immediate appcrash :(

Im on reaper..:)
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

As you may guess, I have no problem starting it up, even while it takes quite a few seconds to open the GUI. But MuLab is often rather forgiving with all sorts of VSTs.

Eauson wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:10 pm Sadly Version 2 doesn't work, I've loaded version 1 but it won't accept midi from my keyboard.

So
Q1 - can I use version 1
Q2 - has anyone encountered problems? V2 not loading, immediate appcrash :(

Im on reaper..:)
Its fine to use version 1 if that works for you, though v2 is a significant upgrade, and patches are not compatible between the two.

I have run 10 instances in mulab so far without a significant increase in cpu above that for one instance - but was only a quick test. It seems to take a while to load each instance initially, with a cpu spike which settles down straightaway. Only created one patch so far, but am out of time for today.

The issue I have is patch saving and loading. I can save a patch, but when reloaded it it has lost the name, and changing to another on the factory list then loses the patch I loaded. So far cannot seem to put a bank together or load a patch to a specific slot in the bank. I don't remember having this issue with V1. I will look at it in more detail tomorrow. At least it seems to save the current state with the project.

Are you able to resize it? Maybe it's my screen resolution, but the thing is about 1/7 of my screen, and my bad eyes can't make out the basics of it.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

RichardSemper wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:32 pm The issue I have is patch saving and loading.
I don't know if you saw it already, and I'm not sure what insights it will give, but there is a text document in the zip folder when you download the VST that addresses presets--there was something funky about it, IIRC.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

For saving presets the menu button seems to be helpful. I created a preset folder away from the VST3 folder. I store presets in my documents folder. I still have not located any factory presets. Not a big deal for me. It would be good to see what they have.

Synth sounds very nice, but I'm having trouble with CPU usage as well.
Every instance of the synth uses about 4% of it when not even playing a note, which is odd. Playing notes with 1 voice polyphony only already makes it go up to about 15%.

I'm still using the free version of Podium, which doesn't do plugin multiprocessing, so this is going to make things difficult for me unless I finally upgrade :D

Return to “Instruments”