N/M

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by jancivil on Fri May 15, 2020 9:52 pm, edited 31 times in total.

jancivil wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:09 pm next sec started, but this stands alone as a first statement

Niveau 6A

slow, long notes/no felt meter really, tense
pavor nocturnus

:clap:

experimental.crow wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:31 pm
pavor nocturnus

:clap:
are you boris johnson?

well, when i saw youd posted i was expecting possibly an updated version of that you put in my thread...
then the description suggests im in for a new treat :)

and im certainly not disappointed by said treat :tu:
that's lovely stuff indeed, im almost sat in an orchestra pit when my eyes are closed, great "space" work 8)

Seriously, nicely done. Great tension.

thanks peeps

it is a slight update of what I stuck in your thread, vurt. There is this sort of violent moment which happened yesterday, mainly as to differences.
Which jumps out all scary movie-like. Which is never the idea really, but, you know.

Almost all VSL. NI Thrill throughout with that droning thing and a tiny bit The Giant.

ah, that seemed more percussive from memory?
i did hear some similar sounds across the pieces, but i figured that would be the overall motif.
well, if my memory is correct, its come some way along :tu: which is good because it means you where feeling well enough to do it 8)

it's never been all that percussive. Early versions are just the long notes on the Spheres and the other FX Strings, and the Thrill doing somewhat less.

There is a roll-in with 2 bass drums, timpani gliss roll, the XXL tamtam and a gong roll, and there are some textural tamtam rolls later and 1 cymbal mallet roll/swell.

it goes a bit more dramatic right after this fade. eventually it gets busier.

Please excuse my ignorance, but after reading several pages of your defense of the importance of music theory, what part does it play here? :help: :?:

experimental.crow wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:31 pm pavor nocturnus
Of course I had to look that one up.

I actually never do extramusical for an idea, sometimes I strain for a title but it's purely impressionistic rather than mean much of anything. I started with the VSL Smart Spheres (these slowly evolve) and knew it was going to be the long tones and all sound-designy; then, the nature of the clusters means dealing in tension and one thing leads to another.

In my imagination, which I don't Mickey Mouse from, the sort of events here relate to the violence in outer space rather than anything on a personal plane.

jancivil wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:58 pm
experimental.crow wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:31 pm pavor nocturnus
Of course I had to look that one up.

I actually never do extramusical for an idea, sometimes I strain for a title but it's purely impressionistic rather than mean much of anything. I started with the VSL Smart Spheres (these slowly evolve) and knew it was going to be the long tones and all sound-designy; then, the nature of the clusters means dealing in tension and one thing leads to another.

In my imagination, which I don't Mickey Mouse from, the sort of events here relate to the violence in outer space rather than anything on a personal plane.
appreciate the insight ...
my comment is just me , dragging my baggage into your thread ...

the track is stunning ...

Yeah, no, people relate it to horror pictures or whatever, everybody has their own way of relating to it.

Thank you.

it seems like it will grow to 5 or 6 minutes.
Last edited by jancivil on Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I had to pop in to see what this was about because you post so little these days.

Two words came to mind listening to this.

Creepy, eerie.

It has your signature all over it. Well done. Just wish it was longer.

Cinematic, great clarity, and all the classic elements to create tension.

Tense and scary with lots of detail. Is that an animal yelping at 1:22?

Excellent work.

Return to “Music Cafe”