One Synth Challenge #125: T-Force Alpha Plus 2 (exponent1 Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ilmai wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:13 pm I couldn't get a consistent kick sound out of this, which is a problem since sampling isn't allowed... even when enabling retriggering on osc1 and setting all drift values to 0, some kicks play with an audible click while others have a soft transient. Anyone have success with this? I could create a track without kicks but frankly the synth doesn't inspire me to jump through hoops...
Here, give these a try:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dp6jfj9f35gke ... s.zip?dl=0

ilmai wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:13 pm I couldn't get a consistent kick sound out of this, which is a problem since sampling isn't allowed... even when enabling retriggering on osc1 and setting all drift values to 0, some kicks play with an audible click while others have a soft transient. Anyone have success with this? I could create a track without kicks but frankly the synth doesn't inspire me to jump through hoops...
sometimes an inconsistent kick can give a livelier feeling that a consistent tump, tump, tump
Alternative is 2 version of the same synth allowing greater spacing between the midi note, plus release times can sometimes cause overlapping :)
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

I can relate, I spent time on drums yesterday, Attached are my kick drum patches I'm working with. At the moment I'm happy with the second one with the softer attack. After a bunch of compression it seems to work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hi,

here you have my presets, I hope, this is a little help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Can Version 1 be used also/instead?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:49 am Can Version 1 be used also/instead?
Yes! Different version numbers are ok.
I believe that was already confirmed in the thread :D

Ranoka wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:41 am
Touch The Universe wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:49 am Can Version 1 be used also/instead?
Yes! Different version numbers are ok.
I believe that was already confirmed in the thread :D
There are several versions ofVerrsion1 available, the one on KvRdatbase is not too bad CPU wise, however I could not get midi learn to work, this may not be a problem for you, another version available on vst planet was heavy on CPU when FM was used but midi learn worked, for me anyhow. Also, the 2 versions has a different implementation of bitcrush and samplethingy rate. Otherwise they were okay, apart from on rendering, some instances didn't work :tu: ;) :D :phones: :party:
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

doctorbob wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:27 pm @SirKen Using the VST2 version, and you would think that saving as VST2 preset was the thing to do - like you I find this fails.

But, save as "vst3preset", this works.

Also, I find that with Reaper, saving a project, closing it, and then re-opening it brings everything back as it should. No issues with reverb in the fx section either.

dB
Thank you, that worked.

On another note, can anyone help me get a decent male vocal choir-ish sound out of this synth? I was thinking of using sine waves like an additive synth but the tuning knobs don't show the frequency range, only -10 to +10.

@sir ken you could probably do sawtooth (+FM) into fixed band pass filters at your formant frequencies (use an external visualizer to tune it). split into multiple intances, one per band.

the tuning knobs don't let you tune to pure harmonics; you can go in octaves, semitones, and +/- 10 cents. that means you can't get an accurate 5th harmonic, much less a 7th harmonic with any decency.

(Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about this, I'd love a little more freedom to tune this away from 12edo.)
mostly here for the One Synth Challenge
you can hear some of my newest music at: https://wrenharmonic.bandcamp.com/ or https://www.youtube.com/@wrenharmonic

Have little time to make quick and short junky track. It was mean to be pure electronica but in process I got carried away and end up with my usual junk (I love percussions :lol:). Interesting synth for sure.
https://soundcloud.com/trojakew/cant-stop-time
FL Studio 20.0.5
13 instances of T-Force Alpha
DAW FX's:
3x Fruity parametric EQ 2
4x Maximus
Other FX's:
1x VST zOne Amplio 2
1x OrilRiver
Statistics:
Integrated loudness -14,7 LUFS
Max momentary loudness -9,1 LUFS
Max short-tem loudness -11,0 LUFS
Loudnes range 11,5 LU
True peak L -0.56db
True peak R -0.56db
DC offset L +0%
DC offset R +0%

TrojakEW, I'm loving those sounds, especially the pan flute-like opener. Great composition, too.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Can't get any external presets to load here (fxp or fxb) :?
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

ramseysounds wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:11 am Can't get any external presets to load here (fxp or fxb) :?
same here - fxp and fxb will save but not load. Save as vst3 works fine though.

RichardSemper wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:34 pm
ramseysounds wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:11 am Can't get any external presets to load here (fxp or fxb) :?
same here - fxp and fxb will save but not load. Save as vst3 works fine though.
I found that using FLStudio and saving patches for this synth to fst (FL Studio state file) cause most of problems like CPU overload and FL crash. I use this feature almost always because it's faster to load those patches after. But this time it somehow screw them. What I do was resave them using in built preset manager to VST3. This fix most of the problems and doesn't change them. After that I have to reload all instances of plugin. Just loading those VST3 presets was not enough.

(Fxp and fxb may cause similar but I do not tried it. ) Now I just tried to save to fxp. It works but cause same problems as fst. So do not use it! 8)

TrojakEW wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:02 pm I found that using FLStudio and saving patches for this synth to fst (FL Studio state file) cause most of problems like CPU overload and FL crash. I use this feature almost always because it's faster to load those patches after. But this time it somehow screw them. What I do was resave them using in built preset manager to VST3. This fix most of the problems and doesn't change them. After that I have to reload all instances of plugin. Just loading those VST3 presets was not enough.

(Fxp and fxb may cause similar but I do not tried it. ) Now I just tried to save to fxp. It works but cause same problems as fst. So do not use it! 8)
Thanks for the heads up!

I'm currently making sounds for Hive2, but when I come back to T-Force Alpha I'll experiment/keep this in mind because I often use the fst saves for ease/speed.

Return to “Instruments”