I Got Enemies

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:tu:
Last edited by Karma_tba on Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The backing track is too soft and the lead is too loud. The vocals also need to come up more and be EQ'd a bit so you can hear and understand all the lyrics.

Musically, a generic blues progression and lyrically childish. I have to wonder how much thought actually went into doing this. At least some kind of a bridge or something to break up the monotony. At almost 5 minutes it's way too long without more variation.

Of course no doubt that song was done as a joke anyway, so on that level I guess it works.

wagtunes wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:55 pm The backing track is too soft and the lead is too loud. The vocals also need to come up more and be EQ'd a bit so you can hear and understand all the lyrics.

Musically, a generic blues progression and lyrically childish. I have to wonder how much thought actually went into doing this. At least some kind of a bridge or something to break up the monotony. At almost 5 minutes it's way too long without more variation.

Of course no doubt that song was done as a joke anyway, so on that level I guess it works.
No Joke...but this ditty is over 10 years old. Maybe I learned something … maybe not. Who gives a shit ? I don't fancy myself a musician, songwriter, or producer. I'm just doin' my thang till the cancer takes me. Then they can bury me face down (just like Elvis) so the world can kiss my bi-racial ass!

Reminds me a little of BAD (Big Audio Dynamite). I like it.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Karma_tba wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:21 pm
wagtunes wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:55 pm The backing track is too soft and the lead is too loud. The vocals also need to come up more and be EQ'd a bit so you can hear and understand all the lyrics.

No Joke...but this ditty is over 10 years old. Maybe I learned something … maybe not. Who gives a shit ? I don't fancy myself a musician, songwriter, or producer. I'm just doin' my thang till the cancer takes me. Then they can bury me face down (just like Elvis) so the world can kiss my bi-racial ass!
Can I ask a really stupid question? You say you're not a musician and don't give a shit. Fair enough. But you're posting songs in a forum where people go to listen to music and, supposedly comment on it. And when they do, they're not going to care if you're a musician or not. They're going to judge the work on its own value.

My point is, our problems all started because I criticized your work. Not you. Your work. But you took it personally and since then you've been very nasty to me, which I don't think I deserved.

Anyway, FWIW, I hope you beat the big C. It's a horrible disease and I've lost many friends and family to it. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I certainly don't wish it on you. But I won't let you verbally abuse me. That's where I draw the line, which is why I had put you on ignore. I'd prefer not to and actually have a civilized conversation with you. If you'd rather not, that's fine too. But I wish the hostility between us could just end already.

It's up to you.

Wishing you the best on your fight.

Is this song about fellatio too, because that's the vibe I'm getting?

ghettosynth wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:34 am Is this song about fellatio too, because that's the vibe I'm getting?
Have you taken a look at the first page of this sub forum?

isn't that bordering on spamming? Just saying.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:50 am
ghettosynth wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:34 am Is this song about fellatio too, because that's the vibe I'm getting?
Have you taken a look at the first page of this sub forum?

isn't that bordering on spamming? Just saying.
spam and fellatio?
pervert.

as for number of posts, it's an interweb disease, hes contracted "silke f" :hihi:

vurt wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:54 am as for number of posts, it's an interweb disease, hes contracted "silke f" :hihi:
:hihi:

ghettosynth wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:57 am
vurt wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:54 am as for number of posts, it's an interweb disease, hes contracted "silke f" :hihi:
No offense Ghetto but I'm not seeing the humor here. Whatever problems he has with me and Jan, and now it seems Vurt, spamming the forum is an attack on the forum itself and shouldn't be excused.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:14 am

Can I ask a really stupid question? You say you're not a musician and don't give a shit. Fair enough. But you're posting songs in a forum where people go to listen to music and, supposedly comment on it. And when they do, they're not going to care if you're a musician or not. They're going to judge the work on its own value.

My point is, our problems all started because I criticized your work. Not you. Your work. But you took it personally and since then you've been very nasty to me, which I don't think I deserved.

Anyway, FWIW, I hope you beat the big C. It's a horrible disease and I've lost many friends and family to it. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I certainly don't wish it on you. But I won't let you verbally abuse me. That's where I draw the line, which is why I had put you on ignore. I'd prefer not to and actually have a civilized conversation with you. If you'd rather not, that's fine too. But I wish the hostility between us could just end already.

It's up to you.

You like many others (jancivil)read me wrong. It was never about your criticism of me. It's way you come off, always talking about your self. Your 40 years, your sound design, the number of synths you possess, or intend to buy next. The way you review with you numerical system like we should all be judged against your standard . I remember reading a review you did where you gave two sentences to the song you were reviewing then went on to talk about yourself for two pages. Maybe this may mean nothing to you but it rubs some the wrong way. Much like jancivil thinks that her verbose posts some how make her superior. When she has a teaching moment she instead ridicules. If you guys are to be respected for your musicology don't flaunt it and demean.

Karma_tba wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:03 am
wagtunes wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:14 am

It's up to you.

You like many others (jancivil)read me wrong. It was never about your criticism of me. It's way you come off, always talking about your self. Your 40 years, your sound design, the number of synths you possess, or intend to buy next. The way you review with you numerical system like we should all be judged against your standard . I remember reading a review you did where you gave two sentences to the song you were reviewing then went on to talk about yourself for two pages. Maybe this may mean nothing to you but it rubs some the wrong way. Much like jancivil thinks that her verbose posts some how make her superior. When she has a teaching moment she instead ridicules. If you guys are to be respected for your musicology don't flaunt it and demean.
Well, that was never my intention. If I came off that way, I'm sorry.

Anyway, where we go from here is up to you.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:00 am
No offense Ghetto but I'm not seeing the humor here.
Sorry, man, that shit's funny. KVR is off the rails today.

ghettosynth wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:19 am
wagtunes wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:00 am
No offense Ghetto but I'm not seeing the humor here.
Sorry, man, that shit's funny. KVR is off the rails today.
Today? When is KVR NOT off the rails?

Return to “Music Cafe”